Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that gathers specific values from files and puts it into HTML to send e-mail Post 302953668 by shivakid on Monday 31st of August 2015 07:01:38 AM
Old 08-31-2015
Ok,
Filename.dat comes from where I take my values,lets say its /data/user/database/ .
Value 1111 is random value which I will get from filename.dat with this command:
Code:
A_CT=`cat delta.dat | awk -F'|' '{print $5}' >> report.txt`

(delta.dat is the same as filename.dat, and column 5 would represent 1111 value)

1) Yes. But it will be a lot to post, lets say I have all files in /data/user/database/ and I will take field 5.
2) I can't understand the question correctly.

3) Ok, so we have filename.dat I will will take one column and put it into first row, then im taking second file which goes into same row, but different column and so on. Next row start's when I'm extracting values from another files.
(It still maybe little unclear, thing is that one file will have lets say 3 columns i need, the 4th column will be populated from different file.)

File structure you could see at post above
Code:
$cat filename.dat
3102|3262|6363|7574|2634|5353

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using mail to send HTML emails

Hi, I'm a programmer not a sys admin, so please excuse this if it seems a little out of place, but I think it applies to this forum. When I send my HTML newsletter from the server it comes in as plain text on some email programs and not others. Eudora is fine; Outlook Express, Hotmail, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmennis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all, I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached. I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan.yu
4 Replies

3. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed which will send a mail with attachment files

Hello, I need a shell script which need to send a mail with 4 *.csv files as attachments.Anybody can help me? At present i have a script which is sending only one file as attachments.But i need a script which send 4 files in a shot. #!/bin/ksh /bin/mail xxxx@xx.xom << EOF Subject:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with rich text / HTML with image

Hi, Is it possible to send mail from my HP-Ux system with images, rich text? I would like to program in such a way that I have my company's logo(.jpg) image attached in the mail geeting triggered. I would like to send a rich text/HTML email instead of plain text mail to the recipients. Is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rythym05
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking files for last hour and send a mail

Hello, I need to write a script to check the files in one folder , if that folder doesn't have files generated from last 1 hr then we need to send mail to particular persons. So Can you please help me to write script to check the files and send email. Thank you.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana23
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using html tag pre

Need assistance. Trying to send a test.csv file using html tag <PRE> </PRE>. Used to work without any issue . But now gets me and stdin issue. Please give me any suggestions #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO=" <userid>@a.com" export SUBJECT="Test mail " ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send multiple HTML output in one mail

HI, I have two scripts which is sending the mail in html format. Script 1: 1.IFILE=/home/home01/Report.csv if #Checks if file exists and readable then if awk -F, '{ T += $13 } END { exit(!T) }' ${IFILE} then awk -F, 'BEGIN{ c=split("3,4,8,9,13", col) print "To:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
0 Replies
kst(1)								       kst2								    kst(1)

NAME
kst -- plots scientific data SYNOPSIS
kst kst [ -F DATASOURCE ] [ -f STARTFRAME ] [ -n NUMFRAMES ] [ -s FRAMESPERSAMPLE [ -a ] ] kstfile kst datasource [ -f STARTFRAME ] [ -n NUMFRAMES ] [ -s FRAMESPERSAMPLE [ -a ] ] [ -P PLOTNAME ] [ -A] [ -d ] [ -l ] [ -b ] [ -x FIELD ] [ -e FIELD ] [ -r RATE ] [ -y FIELD ] [ -p FIELD ] [ -h FIELD ] [ -z FIELD ] [ --png filename ] [ --print filename [ --landscape | --portrait ] [ --Letter | --A4 ] ] DESCRIPTION
kst is a graphical data plotting tool, which includes the ability to plot live data (contiuously update the plot as new data becomes avail- able). kst may be run entirely from within its GUI, in which case no command line arguments are needed. kst has a powerful wizard for easily set- ting up new plots. In the second invocation, kst loads pre-saved plot specifications from the file kstfile and optionally may override some of the settings in that file. In the third invocation, kst displays plots of the data as directed in the default manner. Additional datasources may be specified on the command line with options for that datasource following it. Command line options generally apply to all subsequent options unless later overridden. OPTIONS
-A plot all curves in separate plots -a average frames (simple mean) when plotting with -s. --A4 use A4 sized paper for printing. Requires --print. -b plot as bargraphs. -d use points when plotting curves. -e FIELD use FIELD as the magnitude of error bars applied to the next plot. -F datasource override the datasource indicated in the kstfile and instead use datasource. -f STARTFRAME begin plotting at STARTFRAME frames into the data. Set to -1 to start at NUMFRAMES from the end of the data. -h FIELD plot FIELD as a histogram. -l use lines when plotting curves. --landscape use landscape orientation for printing. Requires --print. --Letter use US Letter sized paper for printing. Requires --print. -n NUMFRAMES plot at most NUMFRAMES frames of data. Set to -1 to indicate all of the data. -P PLOTNAME plot all plots in the plot named PLOTNAME. -p FIELD plot FIELD as a power spectrum plot. --png filename render to a portable network graphics (png) image with file name filename and quit. --portrait use portrait orientation for printing. Requires --print. --print filename print the plot to file filename and quit. -s FRAMESPERSAMPLE plot every FRAMESPERSAMPLE frames when plotting. -x FIELD use FIELD as the X-axis vector. -y FIELD plot FIELD as an XY plot. -z FIELD plot FIELD as an image. EXAMPLES
Plot all data in column 2 from data.dat. kst data.dat -y 2 Same as above, except only read 20 lines, starting at line 10. kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 2 also read col 1. One plot per curve. kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 1 -y 2 Read col 1 from data2.dat and col 1 from data.dat kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 2 data2.dat -y 1 Same as above, except read 40 lines starting at 30 in data2.dat kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 2 data2.dat -f 30 -n 40 -y 1 Specify the X vector and error bars: Plot x = col 1 and Y = col 2 and error flags = col 3 from data.dat kst data.dat -x 1 -e 3 -y 2 Get the X vector from data1.dat, and the Y vector from data2.dat. kst data1.dat -x 1 data2.dat -y 1 Placement: Plot column 2 and column 3 in plot P1 and column 4 in plot P2 kst data.dat -P P1 -y 2 -y 3 -P P2 -y 4 BUGS
Please report bugs to either the kst mailing list at kst@kde.org or to the kde bugzilla under the kst product at http://bugs.kde.org/. If you can run kst, you can easily report bugs by selecting Bug Report Wizard from the Help menu. AUTHOR
Matthew Truch <matt@truch.net> LICENSE
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the `COPYING.DOC' file as part of the kst distribution. Version 2.0.3 22 February 2011 kst(1)