Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that gathers specific values from files and puts it into HTML to send e-mail Post 302953629 by RudiC on Monday 31st of August 2015 03:31:34 AM
Old 08-31-2015
Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

I only get half of what you describe, but from that I feel and see that your approach is way too complex. From what I understand, almost everything you request can be done in one (or a few) awk scripts and mayhap some control files.

Please post at least a handful of input files and a detailed description of what goes where on which condition, code and data in code tags.

Last edited by RudiC; 08-31-2015 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: typo
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using mail to send HTML emails

Hi, I'm a programmer not a sys admin, so please excuse this if it seems a little out of place, but I think it applies to this forum. When I send my HTML newsletter from the server it comes in as plain text on some email programs and not others. Eudora is fine; Outlook Express, Hotmail, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmennis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all, I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached. I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan.yu
4 Replies

3. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed which will send a mail with attachment files

Hello, I need a shell script which need to send a mail with 4 *.csv files as attachments.Anybody can help me? At present i have a script which is sending only one file as attachments.But i need a script which send 4 files in a shot. #!/bin/ksh /bin/mail xxxx@xx.xom << EOF Subject:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with rich text / HTML with image

Hi, Is it possible to send mail from my HP-Ux system with images, rich text? I would like to program in such a way that I have my company's logo(.jpg) image attached in the mail geeting triggered. I would like to send a rich text/HTML email instead of plain text mail to the recipients. Is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rythym05
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking files for last hour and send a mail

Hello, I need to write a script to check the files in one folder , if that folder doesn't have files generated from last 1 hr then we need to send mail to particular persons. So Can you please help me to write script to check the files and send email. Thank you.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana23
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using html tag pre

Need assistance. Trying to send a test.csv file using html tag <PRE> </PRE>. Used to work without any issue . But now gets me and stdin issue. Please give me any suggestions #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO=" <userid>@a.com" export SUBJECT="Test mail " ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send multiple HTML output in one mail

HI, I have two scripts which is sending the mail in html format. Script 1: 1.IFILE=/home/home01/Report.csv if #Checks if file exists and readable then if awk -F, '{ T += $13 } END { exit(!T) }' ${IFILE} then awk -F, 'BEGIN{ c=split("3,4,8,9,13", col) print "To:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
0 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)