Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check when the password has been changed lastly Post 302953573 by Pranavi on Sunday 30th of August 2015 06:27:37 AM
Old 08-30-2015
Am not a root user . Any other way i can know those information.?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password check

Hi While using Pipe concept ,if a user enters a "login name" and "paswword" ,then how does a child process check for user password is correct or not and give notification to parent process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riya
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have users changed their password

How can I know users have changed their passwords ? I don't need their password (!) I have to know if they have changed their pass word and when ? Thank you in advance for any SIMPLE answer. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annemar
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

How I know "last password changed".

Hi all, My HP-UX server 11.11 trusted system. How I know when password was last changed. Thanks , arm_naja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check password strength

For moderator: I made a new thread in a proper part of the forum now https://www.unix.com/homework-coursework-questions/137119-user-processes.html But now i wan't to make something which isn't related to a homework, so i hope you won't close this one. Thanks to those two answers, you helped me!... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users who have never changed their password from /etc/shadow.

Hello, I have to do a script which returns users who have never changed their password from /etc/shadow. Here is what have I done and I'm not sure if it's ok. I tried to return just users who doesn;t have password set or are locked. Can be there other kind of user who never changed the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalint
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password last changed

Hi, I am doing an audit and thought I knew what I was doing, but reading through the posts I came into doubt. On Sun Solaris, I want to know when users last changed their passwords. I have the etc/shadow files and there is a nice field showing this. Except that it is disturbing me somewhat that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norgaard
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Password not changed!

Hi I am using Fedora 14. I forgot root password of Fedora 14 so I used online help from Fedora website which says by doing rheb silent 1 and then using proper kernel and then using psswd for changing the password I changed it. But after normal booting GUI I am not able to log-on. Can anybody plz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to check when the permissions for the file got changed in AIX

Is there a way to check when the permissions for the file got changed in AIX IS there some file which logs all these details? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

10. AIX

Root password changed but old one still works

Hello i am running AIX 6.1. i recently changed the root password using passwd and pwdadm. while the new password works fine, i am still able to login using the old password. is there anyway this can disabled\fixed thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnlsingh
5 Replies
PAM_SECURETTY(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_SECURETTY(8)

NAME
pam_securetty - Limit root login to special devices SYNOPSIS
pam_securetty.so [debug] DESCRIPTION
pam_securetty is a PAM module that allows root logins only if the user is logging in on a "secure" tty, as defined by the listing in /etc/securetty. pam_securetty also checks to make sure that /etc/securetty is a plain file and not world writable. This module has no effect on non-root users and requires that the application fills in the PAM_TTY item correctly. For canonical usage, should be listed as a required authentication method before any sufficient authentication methods. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The user is allowed to continue authentication. Either the user is not root, or the root user is trying to log in on an acceptable device. PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication is rejected. Either root is attempting to log in via an unacceptable device, or the /etc/securetty file is world writable or not a normal file. PAM_INCOMPLETE An application error occurred. pam_securetty was not able to get information it required from the application that called it. PAM_SERVICE_ERR An error occurred while the module was determining the user's name or tty, or the module could not open /etc/securetty. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN The module could not find the user name in the /etc/passwd file to verify whether the user had a UID of 0. Therefore, the results of running this module are ignored. EXAMPLES
auth required pam_securetty.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
securetty(5), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_securetty was written by Elliot Lee <sopwith@cuc.edu>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_SECURETTY(8)