Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu on MacBook 4,1 (2008) Backlight Screen Issue Post 302953522 by TheOuterLinux on Friday 28th of August 2015 08:55:58 PM
Old 08-28-2015
I got an external monitor to work, but still no luck with just the laptop. I retried the Intel Linux graphics driver installer but changed my system info to look like 14.10 to get any kind of driver (fails if using 15.04). It says libopenvg1-mesa is missing from whatever repo it is trying to download from. So, I found it somewhere else and installed it. Didn't help the installer at all. So, I guess my laptop is a desktop now. Kinda sucks since the older MacBooks get hot enough that I've replaced my battery twice due to swelling. But since primarily using Ubuntu, I've had no battery problems. It just turns itself off if too hot. Fun fact.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Ubuntu server login screen

Hi, Im running ubuntu server 8.04 LTS, but I want to change the initial login screen message. How can I do this? Which files do I need to change for this? So just to be clear when I reboot the server the login text which is then displayed thats what I want to change not the text that is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display IP adresss at login screen (Ubuntu 14.04)

Hi I tried to follow ifconfig - How can I display eth0's IP address at the login screen on Precise Server? - Ask Ubuntu and Show IP address of VM as console pre-login message for some reason the above links did not work as advertised. E.g no ip address was displayed. This is VM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
9 Replies
BESTUPS(8)						      Network UPS Tools (NUT)							BESTUPS(8)

NAME
bestups - Driver for Best Power / SOLA (Phoenixtec protocol) UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the bestups driver. For information about the core driver, see nutups- drv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
bestups was designed to monitor Best Power UPS hardware like the Fortress, Fortress Telecom, and Patriot Pro. It also recognizes and sup- ports SOLA units such as the 520 and 620. Other UPS hardware using the Phoenixtec protocol should also work, but they will generate a warning since their battery information is not known. This driver does not support some older Best/SOLA units. Try the bestfort driver if this one does not detect your UPS. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
The battery percentage is derived from the voltage data that the UPS returns, since the UPS doesn't return that value directly. On some hardware, the charge will remain at 100% for a long time and then drops quickly shortly before the battery runs out. You can confirm from the BATTVOLT readings that this is a problem with the UPS and not this driver. Similarly, the float from the charger in some models forces the battery charge percentage back up to 100% immedately after the UPS goes back on-line, so you can't tell when it is really recharged. Finally, some models give one value for the battery's nominal voltage and yet actually have a nominal voltage slightly below that. This leads to things such as the perpetual 98.7% charge on the author's Fortress 750, even when it's been charging for weeks. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Tue Jul 30 2002 BESTUPS(8)