Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu on MacBook 4,1 (2008) Backlight Screen Issue Post 302953522 by TheOuterLinux on Friday 28th of August 2015 08:55:58 PM
Old 08-28-2015
I got an external monitor to work, but still no luck with just the laptop. I retried the Intel Linux graphics driver installer but changed my system info to look like 14.10 to get any kind of driver (fails if using 15.04). It says libopenvg1-mesa is missing from whatever repo it is trying to download from. So, I found it somewhere else and installed it. Didn't help the installer at all. So, I guess my laptop is a desktop now. Kinda sucks since the older MacBooks get hot enough that I've replaced my battery twice due to swelling. But since primarily using Ubuntu, I've had no battery problems. It just turns itself off if too hot. Fun fact.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Ubuntu server login screen

Hi, Im running ubuntu server 8.04 LTS, but I want to change the initial login screen message. How can I do this? Which files do I need to change for this? So just to be clear when I reboot the server the login text which is then displayed thats what I want to change not the text that is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display IP adresss at login screen (Ubuntu 14.04)

Hi I tried to follow ifconfig - How can I display eth0's IP address at the login screen on Precise Server? - Ask Ubuntu and Show IP address of VM as console pre-login message for some reason the above links did not work as advertised. E.g no ip address was displayed. This is VM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
9 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)