Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed for all columns
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed for all columns Post 302953508 by fadista on Friday 28th of August 2015 04:45:58 PM
Old 08-28-2015
sed for all columns

Hi,

I would like to know how can I use sed in all columns of a file tab separated.

Example of input file:
Code:
0/0:0:1,0,0  0/2:0:0,2,0

Desired output file:
Code:
1,0 0,2

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-28-2015 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using 'sed' to delete or ignore columns in a dataset

Hi, I've already posted elsewhere but am posting again here coz im a newbie. I hope you forgive me this time. I want to know if its possible to delete or ignore columns in a large dataset using 'sed'. For example, I have the following dataset: - ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarif
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using 'sed' to delete or ignore columns in a dataset

Hi, I want to know if its possible to delete or ignore columns in a large dataset using 'sed'. For example, I have the following dataset: - 20060714,X.XX,1,043004,Q,T,24.0000,1,25.5000,4, 20060714,X.XX,1,081209,Q,T,24.0000,1,25.5000,5, As you can see, there are 10 columns here and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarif
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to get rid of duplicated columns...

I can not figure out this one, so I turn to unix.com for help, I have a file, in which there are some lines containing continuously duplicate columns, like the following adb abc abc asd adfj 123 123 123 345 234 444 444 444 444 444 23 and the output I want is adb abc asd adfj 123 345... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK or SED for correct columns

Hello, I have the following file, but one of his columns is not in place, and tried with SED and AWK, how I can correct format? In the second line break is wrong, and puts it after the first column of next line I would appreciate if you could guide me on the subject. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitwh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting specific 'id's from lines and columns using 'SED' or 'AWK'

Hello experts, I am new to this group and to 'SED' and 'AWK'. I have data (text file) with 5 columns (C_1-5) and 100s of lines (only 10 lines are shown below as an example). I have to find or select only the id numbers (C-1) of specific lines with '90' in the same line (of C_3) AND with '20' in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamskamu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate columns using sed

Hello, I would like to remove the first column of lines beginning by a character (in my case is an open square bracket) and finishing by a space (or any other delimiter). For example: string1 string2 string3 to string2 string3 I found this previous topic: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stoyanova
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed cut columns

hello everyone ! i face the following problem as i use sed to ignore some columns of an output. the command i use is sed 's/^\(*\) \(*\).*/\1 \2/' as i only want the 2 first columns the command finger returns the problem is that for some lines the results are fine but for other lines... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed: delete columns 7,15,16

An extension from an earlier question. Now need a sed script to delete columns 7,15 and 16 from an example txt below.. Again, thanks in advance. 98M-01.WAV,98M,01,00:00:49,01:07:36:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", 98L-01.WAV,98L,01,00:00:51,01:01:45:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vrc2250
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 last columns in a csv file using sed or perl

Hello everyone, want to merge 2 last columns 3rd and 4rd (if it exists). I have this 1;2;1;1 2;3;1;1 1;1;2 1;2;3;4 1;1;2 1;2;3;1 Desired output: 1;2;1 1 2;3;1 1 1;1;2 1;2;3 4 1;1;2 1;2;3 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satir
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add specific text to columns in file by sed

What is the proper syntax to add specific text to a column in a file? Both the input and output below are tab-delineated. What if there are multiple text/fields, such as /CP&/2 /CM&/3 /AA&/4 Thank you :). sed 's/*/Index&/1' del.txt.hg19_multianno.txt > matrix.del.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)