Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash compare a list of file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash compare a list of file Post 302953505 by freddie50 on Friday 28th of August 2015 04:05:14 PM
Old 08-28-2015
Thank you very much Don,

That is great!
To avoid trouble with some file names with a spaces.
How would you test if a file name has a space?
How would you rename the file with the same name but replacing each space character with a "_"?

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Kindest regards,

Freddie
freddie50

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: File name part to list reference problem.

I've made a habit of including a four-letter "tail" on image file names I download from the Web, so I can both match them with IPTC Transmission References of my own making and rename them later using either a GUI renamer or a script I've written myself. Now I want to automate the process of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating list of input files (*.file) with a comma in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to get a bash script working for a program (bowtie) which takes a list of input files (*.fastq) and assembles them to an output file (outfile.sam). All the .fastq files are in one folder in my home directory (~/infiles). The problem is that the 'bowtie' requires that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare two lists

Hi, I do little bash scripting so sorry for my ignorance. How do I compare if the two variable not match and if they do not match run a command. I was thinking a for loop but then I need another for loop for the 2nd list and I do not think that would work as in the real world there could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays that compare ip addresses.

I've been trying to have an array of ip addresses go through a loop one at a time. Then compare if the current element is in another array of ip addresses. I've traced my error with /bin/bash -x + for c in '"${ip}"' ./netk5: line 65: 50.17.231.23 23.64.146.110 23.64.159.139 107.14.36.129... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chose list of sub directories in a bash script file

Hi, I have a command in my bash script, searchDirectoryName.sh: DIR_NAME=$(find . -type d) echo "${DIR_NAME}" . ./Dir1 ./Dir1/1.0.2.1 ./Dir2 ./Dir2/1.1 ./Dir3 ./Dir3/2.2.1 How can I select only following directory names with second subdirectoies and without first ./ in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare 2 file

Hello Friends please help me to create script to compare 2 fiile which has rpm info . File 1: glibc-2.12.1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm File 2 : glibc-2.12.123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm To compare file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rnary
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect in Bash - and then compare md5sum

I'm running on a staging server. I will need to use expect and I think ssh or scp to the other boxes. I need to see something like this....Enter:Host 1 Enter:Host 2 Enter full directory path to compare: example /apps/acd/jboss-customer1/ Enter User Id: Enter Password: ( Assumes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array compare bash script

Hello, i have a script that should compare between ${ARRAY} that contains all fstab record like this : >>echo ${ARRAY} / /boot between all mountpoints in my df that is stord in ${ARRAY2} >>echo ${ARRAY2} / /boot /dev/shm /var/spool/asterisk/monitor now i have this loop: for i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies
ISWSPACE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       ISWSPACE(3)

NAME
iswspace - test for whitespace wide character SYNOPSIS
#include <wctype.h> int iswspace(wint_t wc); DESCRIPTION
The iswspace() function is the wide-character equivalent of the isspace(3) function. It tests whether wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "space". The wide-character class "space" is disjoint from the wide-character class "graph" and therefore also disjoint from its subclasses "alnum", "alpha", "upper", "lower", "digit", "xdigit", "punct". The wide-character class "space" contains the wide-character class "blank". The wide-character class "space" always contains at least the space character and the control characters 'f', ' ', ' ', ' ', 'v'. RETURN VALUE
The iswspace() function returns nonzero if wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "space". Otherwise it returns zero. CONFORMING TO
C99. NOTES
The behavior of iswspace() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. SEE ALSO
isspace(3), iswctype(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1999-07-25 ISWSPACE(3)