Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script to parse and compare information in two fields of file Post 302953434 by RudiC on Friday 28th of August 2015 05:29:15 AM
Old 08-28-2015
You're zcatting "$NBSPATH"/"$FILE1" and running grep | awk once for every CFA in $FILE2. That consumes a lot of resources. Why don't you uncompress once into a temp file and use e.g. grep -f $FILE2 on the temp file? Does your system offer the zgrep command?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to compare 2 fields in fixed length file.

Need a script that manipulates a fixed length file that will compare 2 fields in that file and if they are equal write that line to a new file. i.e. If fields 87-93 = fields 119-125, then write the entire line to a new file. Do this for every line in the file. After we get only the fields... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Muga801
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to Parse Version Information from Text File

I have a file name version.properties with the following data: major.version=14 minor.version=234 I'm trying to write a grep expression to only put "14" to stdout. The following is not working. grep "major.version=(+)" version.properties What am I doing wrong? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: obfunkhouser
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and parse the content of csv file containing # as delimeter into fields using Bash?

#!/bin/bash i=0 cat 1.csv | while read fileline do echo "$fileline" IFS="#" flds=( $fileline ) nrofflds=${#flds} echo "noof fields$nrofflds" fld=0 while do echo "noof counter$fld" echo "$nrofflds" #fld1="${flds}" trying to store the content of line to fields but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Parse Hex file into fields

Hi, I want to split/parse certain bits of the hex data into another field. Example: Input data is Word1: 4f72abfd Output: Parse bits (5 to 0) into field word1data1=0x00cd=205 decimal Parse bits (7 to 6) into field word1data2=0x000c=12 decimal etc. Word2: efff3d02 Parse bits (13 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morrbie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields within a file

Hi Folks, I have a file with 22 columns. In which, I need to remove nulls if found at $2, $4, $14 & $16. Then, needs to compare the fields such as $2 == $14 && $4 == $16. The final output will print all the fields where the above conditions are satisfied. Could you please anyone help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse files in directory and compare with another file

I have two files File 1 in reading directory is of following format Read 1 A T Read 3 T C Read 5 G T Read 7 A G Read 10 A G Read 12 C G File 2 in directory contains Read 5 A G Read 6 T C Read 7 G A Read 8 G A Read 20 A T File2 contains (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: empyrean
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Nawk coding trying to compare two fields in a file

I have a file. We can call file1. It has these contents. STOPLOSS Control_file 0000000010.000 STOPLOSS Audit_file_Signoff +0000000010.00 nawk '{ fmt="%3s %15s %15s %15s %21s\n"; if ($3==$6) { tpy="Successful Match"; jnme=$1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wawa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse case with information in two fields of file

The below awk parser works for most data inputs, but I am having trouble with the last one. The problem is in the below rules steps 1 and 2 come from $2 (NC_000013.10:g.20763686_20763687delinsA) and steps 3 and 4 come from $1 (NM_004004.5:c.34_35delGGinsT). Parse Rules: The header is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file for fields and specific text

I have a file of ~500,000 entries in the following: file.txt chr1 11868 12227 ENSG00000223972.5 . + HAVANA exon . gene_id "ENSG00000223972.5"; transcript_id "ENST00000456328.2"; gene_type "transcribed_unprocessed_pseudogene"; gene_status "KNOWN"; gene_name "DDX11L1"; transcript_type... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields?

Hi, Below are the sample files. x.txt is from an Excel file that is a list of users from Windows and y.txt is a list of database account. $ head -500 x.txt y.txt ==> x.txt <== TEST01 APP_USER_PROFILE USER03 APP_USER_PROFILE TEST02 APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE TEST04 APP_USER_PROFILE USER01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
MELD(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MELD(1)

NAME
meld - Visual diff and merge tool for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
meld [options] meld [options] FILE1 meld [options] DIR1 meld [options] FILE1 FILE2 [FILE3] meld [options] DIR1 DIR2 [DIR3] DESCRIPTION
Meld is a graphical diff viewer and merge application for the Gnome desktop. It supports 2 and 3-file diffs, recursive directory diffs, diffing of directories under version control (Arch, Bazaar, Codeville, CVS, Darcs, Git, Mercurial, Monotone, RCS), as well as the ability to manually and automatically merge file differences. OPTIONS
--auto-compare, -a Automatically compare all differing files on startup. --diff FILE1|DIR1 FILE2|DIR2 [FILE3|DIR3] Create a diff tab for the given files or directories. Note that "meld --diff FILE1 FILE2" is functionally equivalent to "meld FILE1 FILE2". However, the --diff argument can be given multiple times for one invocation of meld which allows the user to automatically initiate multiple diffs when meld starts. See examples below. --help, -h Print application help and usage. --LABEL=<label>, -L <label> Set application window title to <label>. --version Print application version and exit. EXAMPLES
meld Run meld without initiating a diff. meld FILE1 Initiate a diff between FILE1 and the version-controlled copy of FILE1. meld DIR1 Initiate a recursive diff between DIR1 and the version-controlled copy of DIR1. meld FILE1 FILE2 Initiate a diff between FILE1 and FILE2. meld FILE1 FILE2 FILE3 Initiate a 3-way diff between FILE1, FILE2, and FILE3. meld DIR1 DIR2 Initiate a recursive diff between directory DIR1 and DIR2. meld DIR1 DIR2 DIR3 Initiate a recursive 3-way diff between directory DIR1, DIR2, and DIR3. meld --diff FILE1 FILE2 --diff FILE3 FILE4 Initiate a diff between FILE1 and FILE2, and a separate diff between FILE3 and FILE4. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=meld or mail a description of the issue to meld- list@gnome.org. AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS text file in meld's source code (http://git.gnome.org/browse/meld/tree/AUTHORS). 26 Sept 2010 MELD(1)