Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script code Post 302953361 by sea on Thursday 27th of August 2015 10:07:00 AM
Old 08-27-2015
Hi

Please use the [code]code tags[/code], as you have agreed by the forum rules.

Is this homework?
If so, please read the https://www.unix.com/homework-coursew...ons-forum.html to post within: https://www.unix.com/homework-and-coursework-questions/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code from script

hey all, I have a simple script #!/bin/bash ./cron.sh test_a.txt & ./cron.sh test_b.txt & wait I want to invoke another program based on the return status of the above calls. How am I were to get that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Pl explain the shell script code

if then ROLLBACK=1 ; elif then echo "Nothing to install!" ; echo "Exiting." ; exit 0; Plz explaing what is the ${1:-0} in if loop?:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrikanth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

code formatter for shell script

hello, do anybody know a program to format a shell script code ? i tried "editrocket.com" but this product doesn't format a shell script code. i searched for programs but can't find a shell script code formatter. i have to change a shell script and the style of code is ..... regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to comment some code via script

Hi, I am writing a shell script, which should comment a if-fi loop in a file. From google i found that, we can use below qualifier to comment a section of code, :<<COMMENT COMMENT But i could not place these keywords before and after if-fi loop. Any help would be appreciated. Finally the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: successlin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to match name with code?

I need a script that could take in a line from one file and match the line up with codes in the order file. My first file, called names.txt ,contains: >123456789 >987654321 >15946873 >157987513 The other file, called data,contains: GB_00012.faa GB_6789333.faa GB_100098.faa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iifa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture exit code of child script and send it to parent script?

#!/usr/local/bin/bash set -vx /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/PalacefilesWait /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/prodEnvSetup 03212013 & if then echo "fatal error: Palace/HardRock failed!!!!" 1>&2 echo "Palace Failed" | mail -s "Link Failed at Palace/HardRock" -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell script code

Hello all, I am in a middle of an assignment and i would appreciate any help. How can i write a bash shell script code that checks if all elements in an array are the same numbers. I mean -->array = ( 0,0,0,0,0 ) ( e.g., if then return "OK' fi ) Thank you in advance, (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekie
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the exit code of a shell script in a perl script.?

hi, i want to pop up an alert box using perl script. my requirement is. i am using a html page which calls a perl script. this perl script calls a shell script.. after the shell script ends its execution, i am using exit 0 to terminate the shell script successfully and exit 1 to terminate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script - Alphabet in code

Hi e Hi everyone, I can't make this script work, #! /bin/bash declare -A crypt=( ="A" ="a" ="B" ="b" ="C" ="c" =' ' ='!' ) encode () { local word=$1 for ((i=0; i<${#word}; ++i)) ; do local char=${word:$i:1} printf %s' ' ${crypt} done ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinguino
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)