Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and retreive after matched words Post 302953352 by nqp200 on Thursday 27th of August 2015 07:58:53 AM
Old 08-27-2015
Thank you.

Your assumptions are correct, it is one record per line and its 12345.
Is there a way to route this to a file?

Also There is a date field in another text file.I need to append the date field to this output at the end.

b)Also is there a Unix code equivalent as I am not too familiar with Perl.Seems Perl implementation is very easy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for the matched pattern by tracing back from the line

Hi, I want to grep the line which has 'data11'.then from that line, i need to trace back and find out the immediate line which has the same timestamp of that grepped line. for eg: log file: ----------- Process - data Process - datavalue - 2345 Process - data Process - data Process... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print two matched words from the same line

Hi experts I need to pick 2 matched words from the same line..... I have given below an example file eg: O14757 hsa04110 hsa04115 2 P38398 hsa04120 1 O15111 hsa04010 hsa04210 hsa04920 hsa04620 hsa04660 hsa04662 hsa05200 hsa05212 hsa05221 hsa05220 hsa05215 hsa05222 hsa05120 13 O14920... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnybio
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better and efficient way to reverse search a file for first matched line number.

How to reverse search for a matched string in a file. Get line# of the first matched line. I am getting '2' into 'lineNum' variable. But it feels like I am using too many commands. Is there a better more efficiant way to do this on Unix? abc.log aaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbb... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two words

Hello, I try to print out with sed or awk the 21.18 between "S3 Temperature" and "GrdC" in a text file. The blanks are all real blanks no tabs. Only the two first chars from temperture are required. So the "21" i need as output. S3 Temperatur 21.18 GrdC No Alarm ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felix123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern as output between the matched String

Hello, I have a file which has the below contents : VG_name LV_name LV_size in MB LV_option LV_mountpoint owner group y testdg rahul2lv 10 "-A y -L" /home/abc2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string inside a pattern matched block of a file

How to grep for searching a string within a begin and end pattern of a file. Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baishali
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count exact matched words

hi , i have a file test.dat which contains following data. test.dat XY|abc@xyz.com XY|abc@xyz.com ST|abc@xyz.com ST|abc@xyz.com ST|XYZ@abc.com FK|abc@xyz.com FK|STG@xyz.com FK|abc@xyz.com FK|FKG@xyz.com i want to know the count of XY,ST,FK. i.e XY = 2 , ST = 3 , FK = 4 I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
4 Replies
fwtmp(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/fwtmp [-ic] /usr/lib/acct/wtmpfix [file...] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in /var/adm/wtmpx to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful when it is necessary to edit bad records. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in utmpx format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the standard output. A hyphen (-) can be used in place of file to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, acctcon(1M) will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records are written to /var/adm/wtmpx. The first record is the old date denoted by the string "old time" placed in the line field and the flag OLD_TIME placed in the type field of the utmpx structure. The second record speci- fies the new date and is denoted by the string new time placed in the line field and the flag NEW_TIME placed in the type field. wtmpfix uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix will check the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanu- meric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it will change the login name to INVALID and write a diag- nostic to the standard error. In this way, wtmpfix reduces the chance that acctcon will fail when processing connect accounting records. OPTIONS
-ic Denotes that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. FILES
/var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and administration information ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 fwtmp(1M)