Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing passing and executing select statement in loop Post 302953247 by Khushbu on Wednesday 26th of August 2015 08:56:56 AM
Old 08-26-2015
Hi Cero,

Thanks for debugging. Worked on tablename issue.

Now how do i add semicolon to output.sql since it is being written using the awk command as follows:

Code:
awk '{print "select * from apsdi-apaction where request_id= "$0}' /home/remedy/demo.txt > /home/remedy/output.sql

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file and passing the value to a select query

Hi all, Here is my problem. I want to read data from a file and pass the variable to a select query. I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Please advise. Example below. FileName='filekey.txt' while read LINE do var=$LINE print "For File key $var" ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Select IN statement

If I recall, when I used informix I could do a sql statement like: SELECT Value from Table WHERE ID in (100,200,300); How do I do this in Oracle? I believe I am using Oracle 10 if that matters. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benefactr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i assign an select statement into a variable?

I am trying to assign an select statement into a variable. Can someone hel me with this. example : a='select * from dual' echo $a should give me select * from dual But this is not working. I trying with \ before * and quotes too. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select variable within a if statement

i want to select a variable created and use it in a if statement, but not getting the desired results LINE='device for 0101a01: lpd://172.25.41.111:515' prt=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $3 }' | cut -c 1-7` echo $prt My if statement to select just what i want.. IFS=$":" while read prt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each value in an array, execute select statement

Hello All, I am new to shell scripting. I am working on Solaris O/S, bash script and sybase programming. I want to loop through multiple values in an array and for each value, I want to select a row from the database. following is the code written for it. output="loop.csv" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arundhati_s
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with select statement

Hi I have run out of ideas as to why this select doesn't work in a script I am writing. The script sources a file of common functions and I am trying to use a select statement within one of the functions - PS3="Try? " select X in CONT EXIT; do if ] ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS command with more than 1 select statement

Hi all, I'm using below code processId=`sqlplus -s ${sysuser}/${syspwd} <<CHK_PROCESS whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set head off feedback off echo off pages 0 SELECT PROCESS_ID FROM LSHADMIN.DATA_DOMAIN WHERE DOMAIN_NAME = '${tabname}' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
8 Replies
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)

SYNOPSIS
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep - search log messages for a given pattern DESCRIPTION
The Grep filter requires a single Perl pattern (regular expression) as its argument. The pattern is then applied to the svn:log property of each revision it receives. If the pattern matches, the revision is allowed to continue down the pipeline. If the pattern fails to match, the pipeline immediately skips to the next revision. The pattern is applied with the /i modifier (case insensitivity). If you want case-sensitivity or other modifications to the behavior of your pattern, you must use the "(?imsx-imsx)" extended pattern (see "perldoc perlre" for details). For example, to search for log messages that match exactly the characters "foo" you might use svk log --filter "grep (?-i)foo" However, to search for "foo" without regards for case, one might try svk log --filter "grep foo" The result of any capturing parentheses inside the pattern are not available. If demand dictates, the Grep filter could be modified to place the captured value somewhere in the stash for other filters to access. If the pattern contains a pipe character ('|'), it must be escaped by preceding it with a '' character. Otherwise, the portion of the pattern after the pipe character is interpreted as the name of a log filter. STASH
/PROPERTY MODIFICATIONS Grep leaves all properties and the stash intact. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)