Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who would you employ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Who would you employ? Post 302953225 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 26th of August 2015 05:20:32 AM
Old 08-26-2015
I would employ someone from this board, preferably one with the handle wisecracker That candidate seems a perfect employee Smilie

But ignoring the blatant sycophancy and assuming that you wish to escape, I would humbly suggest you seek one who is:-
  • generally bright rather than qualified
  • open to ideas
  • old enough not to be GUI-only
  • doesn't have a fancy looking C.V., but has content over visuals
  • who can read manuals well
  • is not scared by problems and will ask for help

In larger companies, a good Personnel or H.R. department may well have puzzles that stretch the mind and allows you to observe the process. That may give you an insight too. Additionally, try to set some puzzles of your own, e.g. try to get them to describe the difference between truncate table table_name ; and delete from table_name ;

It might sound like passing the responsibility, but I have had too much experience of very qualified people who don't have a clue, and when you consider the cheating that is common in some places where some people may have obtained qualifications, they become worth even less, which I'm sure for some is a grave injustice.

Robin
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies
PAGESJAUNES(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   PAGESJAUNES(1p)

NAME
pagesjaunes - Lookup phones numbers from www.pagesjaunes.fr SYNOPSIS
pagesjaunes [options ...] Options: -activite -business : Business type -nom -name : Name -prenom -firstname : First name -localite -town : Town -departement -district : Dept district or Region -useragent : String to be passed as User-Agent header (this may be needed to bypass user-agent detection) -fast : Submit the request directly without querying the form -separator : Character used to separate the fields (default ' ') -limit : Maximum number of results returned -english : Use the pagesjaunes.fr english interface -quiet : Turn off error messages display -help : Brief help message -man : Full documentation -version : Display version number You must provide the localite/town option, and either activite/business or nom/name option. The prenom/firstname option is ignored if the localite/town option is set. OPTIONS
-activite or -business Activity or business type you're looking for. This is a mandatory switch if you don't specify the -name or -nom switches. -nom or -name Name of the person or company you're looking for. Note that the search is done with a fuzzy match. -prenom or -firstname First name of the person you're looking for. This option is ignored if the -activite or -business are set. -adresse or -address Address of the person you're searching for. -localite or -town Name of the town. -department or -district Department district or Region you're searching in. -separator Character used to separate fields in the result set. Default is a tabulation character. -useragent The default user-agent string passed to the www.pagesjaunes.fr site is ""WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes/x.xx" where x.xx is the version of the module. Sometimes, it is needed to change it to other user-agent strings. -limit Maximum number of entries returned. Default is 50. If you set it to 0 or a negative number, it will return all the entries found. -english Use the english interface of pagesjaunes.fr. This means that you can enter business types in english (i.e. 'plumber' instead of 'plombier'), and error messages will be displayed in english. -quiet No error messages are printed when this switch is on -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of the script and exits. DESCRIPTION
This script provides name, phone number and addresses of French telephone subscribers by using the http://www.pagesjaunes.fr directory and the WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes module. COPYRIGHT
Please read the Publisher information of <http://www.pagesjaunes.fr> available at the following URL: http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?html-=commun/avertissement.html&lang=en <http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?html-=commun/avertissement.html&lang=en> This script is Copyright (C) 2002, Briac Pilpre This script is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Briac Pilpre <briac@cpan.org> perl v5.12.4 2011-11-02 PAGESJAUNES(1p)