Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who would you employ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Who would you employ? Post 302953225 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 26th of August 2015 05:20:32 AM
Old 08-26-2015
I would employ someone from this board, preferably one with the handle wisecracker That candidate seems a perfect employee Smilie

But ignoring the blatant sycophancy and assuming that you wish to escape, I would humbly suggest you seek one who is:-
  • generally bright rather than qualified
  • open to ideas
  • old enough not to be GUI-only
  • doesn't have a fancy looking C.V., but has content over visuals
  • who can read manuals well
  • is not scared by problems and will ask for help

In larger companies, a good Personnel or H.R. department may well have puzzles that stretch the mind and allows you to observe the process. That may give you an insight too. Additionally, try to set some puzzles of your own, e.g. try to get them to describe the difference between truncate table table_name ; and delete from table_name ;

It might sound like passing the responsibility, but I have had too much experience of very qualified people who don't have a clue, and when you consider the cheating that is common in some places where some people may have obtained qualifications, they become worth even less, which I'm sure for some is a grave injustice.

Robin
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)							     XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)

NAME
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected -- A List function that replaces items in a list without selecting the replacement items SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/List.h> void XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected( Widget widget, XmString *new_items, int item_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected replaces the specified number of items in the list with new items, starting at the given position. The replacement items remain unselected, even if they currently appear in the XmNselectedItems list. widget Specifies the ID of the List widget to replace items in. new_items Specifies a pointer to the replacement items. item_count Specifies the number of elements in new_items and the number of items in the list to replace. This number must be nonnegative. position Specifies the position of the first item in the list to be replaced. A value of 1 indicates that the first item replaced is the first item in the list; a value of 2 indicates that it is the second item; and so on. Beginning with the item specified in position, item_count items in the list are replaced with the corresponding elements from new_items. That is, the item at position is replaced with the first element of new_items; the item after position is replaced with the second element of new_items; and so on, until item_count is reached. For a complete definition of List and its associated resources, see XmList(3). RELATED
XmList(3). XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)