Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX multiple column sort
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX multiple column sort Post 302953196 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 25th of August 2015 05:18:05 PM
Old 08-25-2015
Try with the right columns. What is the chromosome position? Column 4?
Code:
sort -k4,4 -k5,5n -k7,7n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix sort on multiple fields

Hello. I've read a few threads on how to sort on multiple fields, but I still can't get my file to sort correctly. I have a comma delimited .csv file will over a hundred fields. I want to sort it by field 2, field 62 and then field 61 (integer fields). input looks like this well swap field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happy_cow
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sort specific column and print other column at the same time !

Hi, This is my input file: ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca alan 6 brazil bac pinky 10 utah sdc My desired output: pinky 10 utah sdc alan 6 brazil bac ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca Based on the column two, I want to do the descending order and print out other related column at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort a unix file by 3rd column

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to sort a unix file by 3rd column and not by ltr? Please help Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinnyvirk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort a column in UNIX that is colon separated ":" ?

Experts, how to sort this fields with numerical order : -How to use the sort command in this case, I was thinking with -k but it is not working, lan5000 lan5000:1 lan5000:10 lan5000:11 lan5000:12 lan5000:13 lan5000:14 lan5000:15 lan5000:16 lan5000:17 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on Multiple Columns in UNIX

Hi, I would like to sort a list in different ways: 1> Unique based on Field 1 with highest Field 4 For Instance Input: 1678923450;11112222333344;11-1x;2_File.xml 1678923450;11112222333344;11-1x;5_File.xml 1234567890;11113333222244;11-1x;3_File.xml Output: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX append field with comparing fields from multiple column

I have a csv dump from sql server that needs to be converted so it can be feed to another program. I already sorted on field 1 but there are multiple columns with same field 1 where it needs to be compared against and if it is same then append field 5. i.e from ANG SJ,0,B,LC22,LC22(0) BAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nike27
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple column values to UNIX variable

sqlplus -s $USER_ID@$SID/$PWD<<EOF>sql_1.txt set feedback off set heading off select 114032 as c_1 from dual ; EOF for i in `cat sql_1.txt` do sh script_1.sh $i Currently i am passing one column value to the single unix variable. How can i pass the values from 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Sort on a field that spans multiple columns

New to unix. I need to sort the records of a file by a control number field. That field is in POS 16 through 28. How do I do that? There are no delimiters, or spaces to separate fields. See example below. Each line is a record. REC1CCYYMMDD0018888888888888ABCDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls output sort on multiple column

Hi All, I have one requirement, where I need to have output of ls -l command sorted on 1) first on filename 2) last modified time ( descending ) - latest change first. I am not able to figure out how to do it.. Also I dont have a way to change Date display for ls -ltr command.. I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)