Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script output in Email is not showing Colored headers Post 302953133 by Bubs on Tuesday 25th of August 2015 12:50:37 PM
Old 08-25-2015
The exact output is shown on screen when I run the script and I recieve no email of the output. 😔

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

colored data output

Hi, I am working with HP-UX 11. I try to make an colored data output with echo. I tried the following: echo "\033]32m Red" This works perfectly in my terminal. But when I type the same at the hpterm, it does not work, the terminal just prints the complete text "\033]32m Red" without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bensky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help:how to remove headers in output file

Hi I am running a script (which compares two directory contents) for which I am getting an output of 70 pages in which few pages are blank so I was able to delete those blank lines. But I also want to delete the headers present for each page. can any one help me by providing the code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj_thota
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zshell Colored output

Hi All, is there anyway to color the output following a shell command? For instance: $cat somefile.txt Hello, I am the contents of somefile.txt I'm using zsh, with ANSI colors enabled. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolmark
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting colored output in perl

Hello, I am scripting in perl and I need to get my output of the "print" statement in color. Please tell me how to go ahead. Radha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s123.radha
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert email headers' encoding?

hi all - first, huge thanks to anyone who might be able to help me out with this. it's fairly esoteric, but it seems like there has to be an answer for me... * the environment: mac os x 10.5.x server communigate pro (mail server) bash script (read on) * the brief: my script is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fearboy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colored output in awk

Hi, Can anybody please help me how can we can we have the colored output using awk. I am writing a script in solaris platform. but its not printing the colored output. its assuming hex values as character awk -F"|" '{ print "\033 \033[1;31mabcd|efg\033[0m \033[1;31mabcd|efg\033[0m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file is uncolored; I want the output file to be colored on criteria

Hello, I have the following input file: auditing account: 3DTP (3dtp) ERROR: S3 bucket "aws-origin-test1.3dstage.com" has policy statement with public grant: {"Sid":"PublicReadGetObject","Effect":"Allow","Principal":{"AWS":"*"},"Action":,"Resource":} auditing region: eu-west-1 auditing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Headers

I'm trying to pick up some Unix SysAdmin skills on my own outside of work through the use of the "Unix and Linux System Administrators Handbook." I've found the exercises to be very beneficial, until I came to this.... "What path did the email take? To Whom was it addressed, and to whom was it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script showing incorrect output

Hello scripting geeks, I am new to scripting and facing some issues in writing the logic of the script. Request your kind help here Actually when i run a command i get o/p as below o/p : 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 these are hex values i guess...now i want to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kulvant29
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color not showing in output text when sent via email

Hi, I have a test script where I am trying to make a line color in RED. It works when I execute the command from command line but when I try to send the output of the script via mailx it will not show me the color and instead show this output: Command to send script output to email: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkhan9
1 Replies
Test::Script(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Script(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3pm)