Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to sum the matrix using awk? Post 302953074 by quincyjones on Tuesday 25th of August 2015 08:40:30 AM
Old 08-25-2015
sorry. I updated the question. Please let me know if it is still confusing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help-matrix inverse (awk)

I have few days to complete my awk homework. But I'm stucked. i hope some1 will help me out. I have to inverse n x n matrix, but I have problems with finding the determinant of the matrix. I found the algoritm, how to find a determinant of n x n matrix:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

matrix inverse (awk)

I need to inverse a matrix given in a file. The problem is I'm stuck with writing determinant finding algoritm into code. I found this algoritm about finding determinant of nxn matrix. This is what i need: Matrices and Determinants and here: a11 a12 a13 a21 a22 a23 a31 a32 a33... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk matrix problem

hi there I'm very new in programing and i've started with awk. I'm processing 200 data files and I need to do some precessing on them. The files have 3 columns with N-lines for each line a have on the first and second value is the same for all the files and only the third is variable. like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philstar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

two-column data to matrix in AWK

Howdy, I need to convert an association data matrix, currently in a two-column format, into a matrix with numbers indicating the number of associations. I've been looking around for AWK code in the list, but could not find anything. Here's an example of what I want to perform: original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sramirez
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up a matrix using awk

Hi there, If anyone can help me sorting out this small task would be great. Given a matrix like the following: 100 3 3 3 3 3 ... 200 5 5 5 5 5 ... 400 1 1 1 1 1 ... 500 8 8 8 8 8 ... 900 0 0 0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRodrigoF
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rearrange a matrix with awk

Hi, every one. I have two files ,one is in matrix like this, one is a list with the same data as the matrix. AB AE AC AD AA AF SA 3 4 5 6 4 6 SC 5 7 2 8 4 3 SD 4 6 5 3 8 3 SE 45 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of range of rows and columns in matrix

Hi all, I have a large matrix of 720 x 25. I want to get sum of range of rows and columns. Like, I need sum of all columns and row number 2 to 21, then leaving 22nd row, again sum of all columns and row number 23 to 42 again leaving 43rd row and then sum of 44th to 63. Means I want to add all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 2 columns into matrix -awk?

How can i convert two columns in to o and 1 matrix. thnks Input a c1 b c2 c c1 d c3 e c4 output c1 c2 c3 c4 a 1 0 0 0 b 0 1 0 0 c 1 0 0 0 d 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)