Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to sum the matrix using awk? Post 302953065 by quincyjones on Tuesday 25th of August 2015 07:36:27 AM
Old 08-25-2015
How to sum the matrix using awk?

input
Code:
A1	B1	A2	B2
0	0	1	1
1	0	0	1
0	1	1	0
1	1	1	1

Output
Code:
label	A1	B1	A2	B2	
A1	2	1	1	2
B1	1	2	2	1
A2	1	2	3	2
B2	2	1	2	3

Ex:
The number of times that A1 and B1 row values are both 1 should be printed as output.
The last row of A1 and B1 in the input match by having 1 in both columns. Therefore it will be printed in the output as 1.

Last edited by quincyjones; 08-25-2015 at 09:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help-matrix inverse (awk)

I have few days to complete my awk homework. But I'm stucked. i hope some1 will help me out. I have to inverse n x n matrix, but I have problems with finding the determinant of the matrix. I found the algoritm, how to find a determinant of n x n matrix:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

matrix inverse (awk)

I need to inverse a matrix given in a file. The problem is I'm stuck with writing determinant finding algoritm into code. I found this algoritm about finding determinant of nxn matrix. This is what i need: Matrices and Determinants and here: a11 a12 a13 a21 a22 a23 a31 a32 a33... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk matrix problem

hi there I'm very new in programing and i've started with awk. I'm processing 200 data files and I need to do some precessing on them. The files have 3 columns with N-lines for each line a have on the first and second value is the same for all the files and only the third is variable. like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philstar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

two-column data to matrix in AWK

Howdy, I need to convert an association data matrix, currently in a two-column format, into a matrix with numbers indicating the number of associations. I've been looking around for AWK code in the list, but could not find anything. Here's an example of what I want to perform: original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sramirez
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up a matrix using awk

Hi there, If anyone can help me sorting out this small task would be great. Given a matrix like the following: 100 3 3 3 3 3 ... 200 5 5 5 5 5 ... 400 1 1 1 1 1 ... 500 8 8 8 8 8 ... 900 0 0 0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRodrigoF
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rearrange a matrix with awk

Hi, every one. I have two files ,one is in matrix like this, one is a list with the same data as the matrix. AB AE AC AD AA AF SA 3 4 5 6 4 6 SC 5 7 2 8 4 3 SD 4 6 5 3 8 3 SE 45 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of range of rows and columns in matrix

Hi all, I have a large matrix of 720 x 25. I want to get sum of range of rows and columns. Like, I need sum of all columns and row number 2 to 21, then leaving 22nd row, again sum of all columns and row number 23 to 42 again leaving 43rd row and then sum of 44th to 63. Means I want to add all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 2 columns into matrix -awk?

How can i convert two columns in to o and 1 matrix. thnks Input a c1 b c2 c c1 d c3 e c4 output c1 c2 c3 c4 a 1 0 0 0 b 0 1 0 0 c 1 0 0 0 d 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)