Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issues with executing awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues with executing awk Post 302953028 by wisecracker on Tuesday 25th of August 2015 02:52:52 AM
Old 08-25-2015
Also to add to Don's reply, where has the red _full_stop_......
test2.test.com. 80 > 8082
......come from?

These are probably typos but be careful as it throws the rest of us...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely executing awk command

ssh user@machine awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 Error: Unmatched '. However on <machine> awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 executes successfully. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk output issues.

I have the follwing code: awk '{print $1}' HITS #Searches HITS file column one. Column one is filenames awk '{print $2}' HITS | sort -n | wc -l #Searches HITS file and sorts numerically and outputs line count. column 2 is IP addresses awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
4 Replies

3. AIX

Issues with AWK

Hi there I have written a ksh script on a Red Hat OS and the following extract works. awk '{if (NR != 1) {print $rec1_field }}' $file1 >> combined When I run the same script on an AIX OS, I get the following error. awk: 0602-562 Field $() is not correct. The input line number is 2. The... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk Performance Issues

Hi All, I'm facing an issue in my awk script. The script is processing a large text file having the details of a number of persons, each person's details being written from 100 to 250 tags as given below: 100 START| 101klklk| ... 245 opr| 246 55| 250 END| 100 START| ... 245 pp| 246... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgp_acc1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi Im trying to tidy up the output of a who command when it writes to a log, everything I've tried doesnt seem to work though, any help would be massively appreciated. Im using the awk command to set the OFS as tab. #!/bin/bash who >> /export/home/tjmoore/logusers awk -F 'BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi, Could anyone tell me what Im doing wrong here any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash ls -ltr /export/home/tjmoore > /export/home/tjmoore/log100 awk -F " " /export/home/tjmoore/log100 'BEGIN {OFS="\t";} {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5, $6,$7,$8,$9;}' > /export/home/tjmoore/log1001 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with awk and tcsh

Hello experts, I have two files which I'm uploading. One is an awk script and other file acts as an input to the script via positional parameter. awk -f intlmenu.awk jobsq.txt This run fine in C shell on SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.7. When I run it on Solaris 10 ( tcsh shell ) I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with executing awk and While loop

Hi All, I have a file say, sample.txt Source Name: xxx Department|Revenue 1001|3252 1002|3345 I am using the above file in one of my script. I need to read from Line 3 of the above the file and do some process. My script has a code: awk 'NR > 2' sample.txt | while read Dep; do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on executing awk using SSH

Hi All, Im trying to find the count of process running on remote server using SSH. Below command dosen't work. ssh -q user@host "ps -ef | grep "pattern" | grep -v 'grep' | awk '{print $2}'|wc -l" But below command works. ssh -q user@host "ps -ef | grep "pattern" | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing if dynamic conditions in awk

Hi All, I got struck at the below point where i am unable to get the desired output after forming the dynamic conditions.Below is the design. 1. We are getting inputs from the shell arguments and storing in a variable like below. CONDITIONS="1=CT,2=US_10,3=CT_US_10" 2. After this i am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
14 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)