Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who would you employ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Who would you employ? Post 302953024 by Peasant on Tuesday 25th of August 2015 02:03:50 AM
Old 08-25-2015
You missed the greatest point in my opinion, passion and love for the work being done.

It is the irrational thing that drives people. If you lack passion for the job you will do it poorly, no mater what is your education or skill set.

A must have is a sense of self-accomplishment or you will be a drone expecting month to month paycheck doing in best case, mediocre.

Unfortunately (in my opinion), tendency in IT is to fine grain till all it is left is powder Smilie... causing a job to be done by more people then are required for it.
This is limiting and bounding to the people inside the process, making them drones.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies
proto(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  proto(4)

NAME
proto - prototype job file for at SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
When a job is submitted to or the job is constructed as a POSIX shell script (see at(1)). The job file is created in as follows: o creates a header describing the job as an job or a job. jobs submitted to all queues other than queue are listed as jobs. The header is: for an job, or for a job. o A set of POSIX shell commands is added to make the environment (see environ(5)) for the job the same as the current environment. o then copies text from the prototype file to the job file, except for special variables that are replaced by other text: Replaced by the current working directory. Replaced by the current file size limit (see ulimit(2)). Replaced by the current umask (see umask(2)). Replaced by the time at which the job should be run, expressed as seconds since January 1, 1970, 00:00 Coordinated Universal Time, preceded by a colon. Replaced by text read by from the standard input (that is, the commands provided to to be run in the job). o When a job is submitted to queue queue, uses the file as the prototype file if it exists. Otherwise, it uses the file EXAMPLES
The following file creates commands to change the current directory, file size limit, and umask in the job to their respective values as they existed when was originally run. These commands are inserted before the commands in the job: SEE ALSO
at(1), queuedefs(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
proto(4)