Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who would you employ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Who would you employ? Post 302953024 by Peasant on Tuesday 25th of August 2015 02:03:50 AM
Old 08-25-2015
You missed the greatest point in my opinion, passion and love for the work being done.

It is the irrational thing that drives people. If you lack passion for the job you will do it poorly, no mater what is your education or skill set.

A must have is a sense of self-accomplishment or you will be a drone expecting month to month paycheck doing in best case, mediocre.

Unfortunately (in my opinion), tendency in IT is to fine grain till all it is left is powder Smilie... causing a job to be done by more people then are required for it.
This is limiting and bounding to the people inside the process, making them drones.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies
YAZ_ITEMORDER(3)							 1							  YAZ_ITEMORDER(3)

yaz_itemorder - Prepares for Z39.50 Item Order with an ILL-Request package

SYNOPSIS
void yaz_itemorder (resource $id, array $args) DESCRIPTION
This function prepares for an Extended Services request using the Profile for the Use of Z39.50 Item Order Extended Service to Transport ILL (Profile/1). See this and the specification. PARAMETERS
o $id - The connection resource returned by yaz_connect(3). o $args - Must be an associative array with information about the Item Order request to be sent. The key of the hash is the name of the corresponding ASN.1 tag path. For example, the ISBN below the Item-ID has the key item-id,ISBN. The ILL-Request parameters are: transaction-id,initial-requester-id,person-or-institution-symbol,person transaction-id,initial-requester-id,person-or-institution- symbol,institution transaction-id,initial-requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person transaction-id,initial- requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-institution transaction-id,transaction-group-qualifier transaction-id,transac- tion-qualifier transaction-id,sub-transaction-qualifier service-date-time,this,date service-date-time,this,time service-date- time,original,date service-date-time,original,time requester-id,person-or-institution-symbol,person requester-id,person-or-institu- tion-symbol,institution requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name- of-institution responder-id,person-or-institution-symbol,person responder-id,person-or-institution-symbol,institution responder- id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person responder-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-institution transaction-type delivery-address,postal-address,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person delivery-address,postal-address,name-of-person-or- institution,name-of-institution delivery-address,postal-address,extended-postal-delivery-address delivery-address,postal- address,street-and-number delivery-address,postal-address,post-office-box delivery-address,postal-address,city delivery- address,postal-address,region delivery-address,postal-address,country delivery-address,postal-address,postal-code delivery- address,electronic-address,telecom-service-identifier delivery-address,electronic-address,telecom-service-addreess billing- address,postal-address,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person billing-address,postal-address,name-of-person-or-institu- tion,name-of-institution billing-address,postal-address,extended-postal-delivery-address billing-address,postal-address,street-and- number billing-address,postal-address,post-office-box billing-address,postal-address,city billing-address,postal-address,region billing-address,postal-address,country billing-address,postal-address,postal-code billing-address,electronic-address,telecom-ser- vice-identifier billing-address,electronic-address,telecom-service-addreess ill-service-type requester-optional-messages,can-send- RECEIVED requester-optional-messages,can-send-RETURNED requester-optional-messages,requester-SHIPPED requester-optional-mes- sages,requester-CHECKED-IN search-type,level-of-service search-type,need-before-date search-type,expiry-date search-type,expiry-flag place-on-hold client-id,client-name client-id,client-status client-id,client-identifier item-id,item-type item-id,call-number item- id,author item-id,title item-id,sub-title item-id,sponsoring-body item-id,place-of-publication item-id,publisher item-id,series- title-number item-id,volume-issue item-id,edition item-id,publication-date item-id,publication-date-of-component item-id,author-of- article item-id,title-of-article item-id,pagination item-id,ISBN item-id,ISSN item-id,additional-no-letters item-id,verification- reference-source copyright-complicance retry-flag forward-flag requester-note forward-note user-id contact-name contact-phone contact-email itemorder-item RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. PHP Documentation Group YAZ_ITEMORDER(3)