Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who would you employ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Who would you employ? Post 302952965 by wisecracker on Monday 24th of August 2015 03:19:28 PM
Old 08-24-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
Attitude and aptitude.
Everything else you can teach.
Most importantly, do you want to come back after two or three months and work as a highly paid consultant? Smilie
LOL!

I am happy being an amateur, once I am retired in October I do not intend to carry on in my profession, ([RF] Electronics Engineer).

I do intend to keep my mind alert coding as I really enjoy it and it is now my hobby of choice along with UNIX shell scripting. I have all but abandoned the other languages I have learnt.

As I am a licneced Amateur Radio callsign holder, I think I would prefer another Amateur Radio callsign holder to take my place as they are already interested in the subject and have also probably had practical experience in correcting their failures, building one-offs, testing, etc...

Raw qualifications are not my prime mover...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies
STAG-HANDLE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   STAG-HANDLE(1p)

NAME
stag-handle - streams a stag file through a handler into a writer SYNOPSIS
stag-handle -w itext -c my-handler.pl myfile.xml > processed.itext stag-handle -w itext -p My::Parser -m My::Handler myfile.xml > processed.itext DESCRIPTION
will take a Stag compatible format (xml, sxpr or itext), turn the data into an event stream passing it through my-handler.pl ARGUMENTS
-help|h shows this document -module|m PERLMODULE A module that is used to transform the input events the module should inherit from Data::Stag::BaseHandler -unit|u NODE_NAME (you should always use this option if you specify -m) this is the unit that gets passed to the handler/transformer. this will get set automatically if you use the the -c, -s or -t options multiple units can be set -u foo -u bar -u boz -writer|w WRITER writer for final transformed tree; can be xml, sxpr or itext -module|m MODULE perl modules for handling events -codefile|c FILE a file containing a perlhashref containing event handlers - see below -sub|s PERL a perl hashref containing handlers -trap|t ELEMENT=SUB EXAMPLES
unix> cat my-handler.pl { person => sub { my ($self, $person) = @_; $person->set_fullname($person->get_firstname . ' ' . $person->get_lastname); $person; }, address => sub { my ($self, $address) = @_; # remove addresses altogether from processed file return; }, } perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-HANDLE(1p)