Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who would you employ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Who would you employ? Post 302952858 by wisecracker on Sunday 23rd of August 2015 03:21:11 PM
Old 08-23-2015
Who would you employ?

Hi guys...

I will be retiring soon and we are looking at someone to replace me.

My question is if you were in the position to employ someone in your business what type of person would you be looking for to replace a retiree to take said retiree's place?

1) An amateur,(like me), who has little computer science knowledge but has experimented, has aptitude and is willing to learn and become one of your team...
2) A Semi-Pro, who has written code that is probably shareware and has some knowledge of computer science but probably lacking the qualifications, young with youth on his side.
3) An IT engineer with some level of qualifications but with limited programming knowledge and willing to learn.
4) A fully fledged Degree in Computer Sciences post graduate with little or no on hand experience of the real world but needs to start from somewhere.
5) Other of your choice..

TIA...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies
bedup(8)							       bedup								  bedup(8)

NAME
bedup - program for deduplication program with additional knowledge of burp SYNOPSIS
bedup [options] A file deduplication program with additional knowledge of burp storage directories. This program comes with the burp backup and restore package. OPTIONS
-c path Path to config file (default: /etc/burp/burp.conf). -g <list of group names> Only run on the directories of clients that are in one of the groups specified. The list is comma-separated. To put a client in a group, use the 'dedup_group' option in the client configuration file on the server. -h|-? Print help text and exit. -l Hard link any duplicate files found. -m <number> Maximum number of hard links to a single file. (non-burp mode only - in burp mode, use the max_hardlinks option in the configuration file) The default is 10000. On ext3, the maximum number of links possible is 32000, but space is needed for the normal operation of burp. -n <list of directories> Non-burp mode. Deduplicate any (set of) directories. -v Print version and exit. By default, bedup will read /etc/burp/burp.conf and deduplicate client storage directories using special knowledge of the structure. With '-n', this knowledge is turned off and you have to specify the directories to deduplicate on the command line. Running with '-n' is therefore dangerous if you are deduplicating burp storage directories. BUGS
If you find bugs, please report them to the email list. See the website <http://burp.grke.net/> for details. AUTHOR
The main author of Burp is Graham Keeling. COPYRIGHT
See the LICENCE file included with the source distribution. February 10, 2012 bedup(8)