Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Beginner Bash Scripting Question Post 302952833 by shah9250 on Saturday 22nd of August 2015 04:40:40 PM
Old 08-22-2015
Thank you! I was able to figure out after reading the man page for test

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting question re: newlines

I'm writing a bash script to search the contents of a postfix log. To keep the script's output readable (since multiple lines from the log file need to be echo'ed) I am setting the IFS variable to an empty string so that the line breaks in my grep results are preserved. I am storing the results... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: retrovertigo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner bash scripting - a few problems

Hey Guys, I am creating a bash script on my freeBSD box, the script should basically ask the user to enter a username and domain. The script will take this information and basically append alot of information to config files so the user can receive email from that domain and create a web site at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traxy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting, question about a variable

Hey, So I've run into a problem, due to my limited knowledge of Bash scripting. Basically I've got a long script and I want to understand it before I even try and edit it. As long as I don't understand the script, I will not bother editing it. Anyway, the following variable confuses me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abciscool
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] Beginner at scripting

Hi, I'm a beginner at shell scripting, just started scripting in bash a few days ago. I want to test if the command ls *.jpg returns exit code 2, and if yes I want to execute a new command ls *.jpeg, doing a test on it... and pretty much repeat the procedure. Is this correct? #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Utherr
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

scripting beginner

hi i have been given the task of sorting some scripting issues , i first of all need to decifer the ones that are being used is there anybody can do this for me :rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aguiness
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting question

have a script that calls child scripts depending on conditions. All of the child scripts source in a common file that contains shared functions. At the moment each script has to source this file itself, is there a way for the master script to automagically source the file for them? For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner - scripting help!

hi all, i am very new to linux and am trying to create a basic script. I would like the script to copy files from one directory into another, (e.g Script ~/my-documents/fileone ~/my-documents/filetwo) Once all files have been copied, i'd like another script to run automatically and rename... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: highland
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Beginner at bash scripting - need help with passing arguments

I at the moment, making a simple bash script, capable of setting up an workspace for me, so i don't have to do it manually.. Problem is though i can't seem to provide the bash script any argument, without running into my error checks, checking for input... Here is the code: #!/bin/bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidi
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Noob BASH scripting question

Hello All, I have a file of ip addresses called activeips.txt What I'm trying to do is run a simple bash script that has a loop in it. The loop is a cat of the IP addresses in the file. The goal is to run 2 nmap commands to give me outputs where each address in the list has an OS... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_Pitt
11 Replies
ns_lctl(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				       ns_lctl(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_for, ns_foreach, ns_while, ns_lctl - Replacements for standard Tcl loop commands which enable monitoring and control SYNOPSIS
ns_for start test next body ns_foreach varname list body ns_foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body ns_while test body ns_lctl cancel id ns_lctl eval id script ns_lctl info id ns_lctl install command ns_lctl list ns_lctl pause id ns_lctl result id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The ns_for, ns_foreach, and ns_while commands are replacements for cooresponding Tcl commands with the additional capability of monitoring and control through the ns_lctl command. ns_for start test next body See the for(n) man page for usage. ns_foreach start test next body See the foreach(n) man page for usage. ns_foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body See the foreach(n) man page for usage. ns_while test body See the while(n) man page for usage. ns_lctl cancel id Mark the given loop to cancel at the next iteration, resulting in the loop returning with TCL_ERROR. ns_lctl eval id script ns_lctl info id ns_lctl install command ns_lctl list ns_lctl pause id ns_lctl result id SEE ALSO
for(n), foreach(n), while(n) KEYWORDS
threads, iteration, list, looping, cancel AOLserver 4.5 ns_lctl(3aolserver)