Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: JVM Memory
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers JVM Memory Post 302952774 by Corona688 on Friday 21st of August 2015 01:08:53 PM
Old 08-21-2015
The last option would probably override it.

Why do you need the two redundant options, however?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Instaling JVM

Hi Everyone I`ve just started with unix can some please help me execute this command via webmin on avirtual server or how do you execute such .bin file this is the error ./j2sdk-1_3_1_15-linux-i586.bin: not found > ls -l total 69124 -rw------- 1 root wheel 8380 May 15 18:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Carlos MC05
2 Replies

2. AIX

JVM Setting

What should be the idle JVM setting for the LPAR having 16 GB of memory? Currently the JVM setting is set to -Xms1024M -Xmx10240M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

3. Web Development

need help about jvm

hi all i want to install apache and tomcat in unix solaris 10 so i need to konw about heap and jvm memory architecture in jdk version 4 and 5 and 6 i want one help me i searched alot and i can't find something helo me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to increase JVM memory in HP UX

Hi, Im using HP UX and tried to increase the JVM memory from 1GB to 2GB for the weblogic domain. but it did not work and started throwing errors. I would like to know if there is any OS level parameter that need to be checked and modified before making changes to JVM memory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

jvm memory settings

When i changed jvm memory settings from 3048 to 3548, appsserver could not start. if no change , it was normal. How do we change .otherwise i had a out of swap space error appeared after 3hrs period when do the monitoring of java application. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijill
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find JVM memory usage in shell console

i need to find memory usage by JVM in shell prompt, i tried with pidVal=$( ps -ef | grep "/opt/bea2/jrockit/bin/java -jrockit" | grep -v grep | awk -F' ' '{print $2}' | tr "\n" "," | cut -d ',' -f1 ) top -b -n 1 | grep $pidVal this will just give cpu usage and ram... How do i find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JVM Memory used on AIX

Hello, i need just a Unix command line (AIX 6) that gives me the memory/CPU used by a WebSphere JVM from it's PID such as ps -ef | grep 'jvm name'. I know jstat -gc PID but it didn't work Could you help me please Thanks Christian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steiner
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default JVM Memory

Hi , Whenever I am starting JVM it is getting started with Xms as 256MB, which is 1/64 of the Memory available and by default this should happen. But I want to change and start the every JVM with 128MB. Is there any way to do or I have to manually specify Xms tag while starting JVM. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raj999
1 Replies

9. AIX

JVM Process Name

Hi - In AIX, how do I find the Java Virtual Machine Process Name running on a particular machine? I tried ps -ef | grep java but it does not return a process name. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
4 Replies

10. Programming

JVM processes are not getting memory allocation as soon as started

Hi, i have this scenario, when i start about 20 java processes simultaneously in unix and run ps -eaf command i can see that processes are running but memory is not getting allocated to them immediately and it stays ideal for at least 10-15 min. Meanwhile i run free command to check the RAM,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal Gangrade
5 Replies
File::Spec::VMS(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      File::Spec::VMS(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::VMS - methods for VMS file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::VMS; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec::Unix for a documentation of the methods provided there. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. eliminate_macros Expands MM[KS]/Make macros in a text string, using the contents of identically named elements of %$self, and returns the result as a file specification in Unix syntax. fixpath Catchall routine to clean up problem MM[SK]/Make macros. Expands macros in any directory specification, in order to avoid juxtaposing two VMS-syntax directories when MM[SK] is run. Also expands expressions which are all macro, so that we can tell how long the expan- sion is, and avoid overrunning DCL's command buffer when MM[KS] is running. If optional second argument has a TRUE value, then the return string is a VMS-syntax directory specification, if it is FALSE, the return string is a VMS-syntax file specification, and if it is not specified, fixpath() checks to see whether it matches the name of a directory in the current default directory, and returns a directory or file specification accordingly. Methods always loaded canonpath (override) Removes redundant portions of file specifications according to VMS syntax. catdir Concatenates a list of file specifications, and returns the result as a VMS-syntax directory specification. No check is made for "impossible" cases (e.g. elements other than the first being absolute filespecs). catfile Concatenates a list of file specifications, and returns the result as a VMS-syntax file specification. curdir (override) Returns a string representation of the current directory: '[]' devnull (override) Returns a string representation of the null device: '_NLA0:' rootdir (override) Returns a string representation of the root directory: 'SYS$DISK:[000000]' tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first writable directory from the following list or '' if none are writable: sys$scratch: $ENV{TMPDIR} Since perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if $ENV{TMPDIR} is tainted, it is not used. updir (override) Returns a string representation of the parent directory: '[-]' case_tolerant (override) VMS file specification syntax is case-tolerant. path (override) Translate logical name DCL$PATH as a searchlist, rather than trying to "split" string value of $ENV{'PATH'}. file_name_is_absolute (override) Checks for VMS directory spec as well as Unix separators. splitpath (override) Splits using VMS syntax. splitdir (override) Split dirspec using VMS syntax. catpath (override) Construct a complete filespec using VMS syntax abs2rel (override) Use VMS syntax when converting filespecs. rel2abs (override) Use VMS syntax when converting filespecs. SEE ALSO
File::Spec perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 File::Spec::VMS(3pm)