Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Masking data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Masking data Post 302952750 by featheredfrog on Friday 21st of August 2015 11:17:43 AM
Old 08-21-2015
How about uuencoding and rot13ing the sensitive data?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Masking

Is it possible for a internal LAN to mask a IP e.g. i have a server ip running the intranet ip being 192.168.0.8 and i want to make that like www.intranet.com is this possible on a internal network ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking Content of a String

Hello, I need to know that whether a content of a string can be hidden or masked inside a shell script. My Sample Code is given below <Code> #!/usr/bin/ksh Userid=test DB=temp Passwd=`java Decryption test` # The Above command will get the encryped password for "test" user id and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Masking

I have a pipe delimited file that I need to 'mask' to before loading to keep some data confidential. I need to maintain the first 4 bytes of certain columns and replace the remaining bytes with an 'x'. I would like to maintain spaces but it's not a requirement. Example, need to mask columns 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1superdork
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Masking of number

BAT:0310:2009-08-0:Y4 :H:D:00003721:03103721.IFH:00138770:05767:00000000001279' EXR:CLP:912.570000' STA:A:9071559:2009-08-10::Wer::Mrs' DEF::531.97:531.97:310221661617::+ABC:BAL:1:N::::5:40.00:0.00:2009-08-10:CN:1111111111109962::3:N:missc :N:PH:00010833:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

masking issue

Hi I am facing an issue with the below script which has the below line each field being separated with a tab. I need to mask the 8 and 7th field based on following conditions 1. 8th field is 16 in length and is numerics i will mask the middle 6 digits except the first 6 and last 4. input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.htaccess redirect with masking

I am looking to forward the following with masking via my .htaccess file: www.mywebsite.com/origpage www.mywebsite.com/newpage I do not want to forward the entire site, just this one page with masking. Neither page has an extension. I am able to forward with .htaccess - but it does not mask the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
1 Replies

7. Programming

Masking Password with *'s

So I've been working on this for some time now and can't seem to find the solution that works for me. I'm working in C/Unix. Basically, I want to take a user input and output something different. For example, I want to take a password and output *'s. In another instance, I want to take inputed... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigdrock44
35 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking off data for different kind of files

Hi everyone, I am required to mask off the date data for 3 kinds of files. Please help me to find a most generic way to handle the files. Example of the content of each kind(the dates are in red): 1. (1-line files). Possible solution: Date needed to be masked off start with DTM+, end with :203 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alvin123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking data for different file format

Hi, I have 3 kind of files that contains date data needed to be masked. The file is like this: File 1 (all contents in 1 line): input:DTM+7:201103281411:203'LOC+175+SGSIN:139:6+TERMINATOR......'DTM+132:201103281413:203'LOC.... output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvin123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking algorithm

I have a requirement of masking few specific fields in the UNIX file. The details are as following- File is fixed length file with each record of 250 charater length. 2 fields needs to be masked – the positions are 21:30 and 110:120 The character by character making needs to be done which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n78298
5 Replies
XtSetSensitive(3Xt)													       XtSetSensitive(3Xt)

NAME
XtSetSensitive, XtIsSensitive - set and check a widget's sensitivity state SYNOPSIS
void XtSetSensitive(w, sensitive) Widget w; Boolean sensitive; Boolean XtIsSensitive(w) Widget w; ARGUMENTS
Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether the widget should receive keyboard and pointer events. Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
The XtSetSensitive function first calls XtSetValues on the current widget with an argument list specifying that the sensitive field should change to the new value. It then recursively propagates the new value down the managed children tree by calling XtSetValues on each child to set the ancestor_sensitive to the new value if the new values for sensitive and the child's ancestor_sensitive are not the same. XtSetSensitive calls XtSetValues to change sensitive and ancestor_sensitive. Therefore, when one of these changes, the widget's set_values procedure should take whatever display actions are needed (for example, greying out or stippling the widget). XtSetSensitive maintains the invariant that if parent has either sensitive or ancestor_sensitive False, then all children have ances- tor_sensitive False. The XtIsSensitive function returns True or False to indicate whether or not user input events are being dispatched. If both core.sensitive and core.ancestor_sensitive are True, XtIsSensitive returns True; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics -- C Language Interface Xlib -- C Language X Interface XtSetSensitive(3Xt)