Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Masking data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Masking data Post 302952742 by dsa on Friday 21st of August 2015 10:38:28 AM
Old 08-21-2015
i meant masking sensitive data before giving it to end user.

It should also be retraceable in case it comes back

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Masking

Is it possible for a internal LAN to mask a IP e.g. i have a server ip running the intranet ip being 192.168.0.8 and i want to make that like www.intranet.com is this possible on a internal network ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking Content of a String

Hello, I need to know that whether a content of a string can be hidden or masked inside a shell script. My Sample Code is given below <Code> #!/usr/bin/ksh Userid=test DB=temp Passwd=`java Decryption test` # The Above command will get the encryped password for "test" user id and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Masking

I have a pipe delimited file that I need to 'mask' to before loading to keep some data confidential. I need to maintain the first 4 bytes of certain columns and replace the remaining bytes with an 'x'. I would like to maintain spaces but it's not a requirement. Example, need to mask columns 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1superdork
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Masking of number

BAT:0310:2009-08-0:Y4 :H:D:00003721:03103721.IFH:00138770:05767:00000000001279' EXR:CLP:912.570000' STA:A:9071559:2009-08-10::Wer::Mrs' DEF::531.97:531.97:310221661617::+ABC:BAL:1:N::::5:40.00:0.00:2009-08-10:CN:1111111111109962::3:N:missc :N:PH:00010833:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

masking issue

Hi I am facing an issue with the below script which has the below line each field being separated with a tab. I need to mask the 8 and 7th field based on following conditions 1. 8th field is 16 in length and is numerics i will mask the middle 6 digits except the first 6 and last 4. input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.htaccess redirect with masking

I am looking to forward the following with masking via my .htaccess file: www.mywebsite.com/origpage www.mywebsite.com/newpage I do not want to forward the entire site, just this one page with masking. Neither page has an extension. I am able to forward with .htaccess - but it does not mask the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
1 Replies

7. Programming

Masking Password with *'s

So I've been working on this for some time now and can't seem to find the solution that works for me. I'm working in C/Unix. Basically, I want to take a user input and output something different. For example, I want to take a password and output *'s. In another instance, I want to take inputed... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigdrock44
35 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking off data for different kind of files

Hi everyone, I am required to mask off the date data for 3 kinds of files. Please help me to find a most generic way to handle the files. Example of the content of each kind(the dates are in red): 1. (1-line files). Possible solution: Date needed to be masked off start with DTM+, end with :203 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alvin123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking data for different file format

Hi, I have 3 kind of files that contains date data needed to be masked. The file is like this: File 1 (all contents in 1 line): input:DTM+7:201103281411:203'LOC+175+SGSIN:139:6+TERMINATOR......'DTM+132:201103281413:203'LOC.... output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvin123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking algorithm

I have a requirement of masking few specific fields in the UNIX file. The details are as following- File is fixed length file with each record of 250 charater length. 2 fields needs to be masked – the positions are 21:30 and 110:120 The character by character making needs to be done which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n78298
5 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)