Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Soft kill a process to redirect the last kbytes output to a file Post 302952548 by Mastaer on Wednesday 19th of August 2015 05:06:22 PM
Old 08-19-2015
this works well. Thanks Corona688 Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to kill process from file

hello i want to write a script in unix which read file that contains : hour and process_id like this file bbb: 0:30 6678 1:40 8789 and for every line he check if the hour greater then 30 minutes he kill the process_id the script looks like this cat bbb | while read line do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naamas03
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to kill process from file

i have a script that read a file which contains process_id and time that he's in and it lookes like this 0:30 54545 0:44 66788 0:90 23233 i need to read every line in the file and get the time and if the process is greater then 0:30 to kill the process id the script looks like... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
17 Replies

3. Programming

Redirect Output Multi-Process

Hi, I'm trying to compile the following code: /************** Begin <test.c> ***************/ /* * Compiled with: gcc -Wall -o test test.c */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { printf("I'm process %d, son of %d \n", getpid(), getppid()); printf("Hello \n");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djodjo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect bg process output to within the script

Hi, I have a process running in the background, which throws up some output to the terminal when I run my script. How can I read this output from my script? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theju
5 Replies

5. Programming

Redirect Standard Output Multi-Process

Hi, I'm trying to compile the following code: /************** Begin <test.c> ***************/ /* * Compiled with: gcc -Wall -o test test.c */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { printf("I'm process %d, son of %d \n", getpid(), getppid()); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djodjo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill process from a file or directly with top

i have edited a script to kill an exact mysql process is causing the high load on the server, my problem is, kill dont kill it! script: #!/bin/sh top -n 1 -u mysql | grep mysqld | awk '{print $1}' > pid proc='cat pid' kill -9 $proc or i try with kill -9 `top -n 1 -u mysql | grep mysqld... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandro
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to kill the process when the file is locked?

I was trying to read the file to create a table in SAS and I got error as follows while I read. Resource is write-locked by another user. File =/usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServ​er/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_2015-09-29_tmp_18208.log. System Error Code = 0. ERROR: File is in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
10 Replies
Perlbal::Manual(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Perlbal::Manual(3pm)

NAME
Perlbal::Manual - Guide and reference manual for Perlbal VERSION Perlbal 1.78. DESCRIPTION This is the comprehensive guide and reference manual for Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Configuration How to configure Perlbal: pools, services, syntax and more. Perlbal::Manual::Contributing How to contribute to Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Credits Author and contributor credits for Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Debugging How Perlbal's Debugging system works. Perlbal::Manual::FailOver How Perlbal's Fail Over mechanism works. Perlbal::Manual::HighPriority Perlbal's high/low priority queueing system and how to use it. Perlbal::Manual::Hooks Existing hooks and how they work. Perlbal::Manual::Install Installation procedures for Perlbal. Perlbal::Manual::Internals Perlbal's architecture at a glance. Useful for developers. Perlbal::Manual::LoadBalancer Setting up a Perlbal Load Balancing service. Perlbal::Manual::Logging How Perlbal's Logging system works. Perlbal::Manual::Management Setting up a "management" service, connecting to that service and managing Perlbal on-the-fly. Perlbal::Manual::Plugins Known plugins and how to create new ones. Perlbal::Manual::ReverseProxy Setting up a Perlbal "reverse_proxy" service. Perlbal::Manual::Roles Brief description of existing roles. Perlbal::Manual::Selector Setting up a Perlbal "selector" service. Perlbal::Manual::WebServer Setting up a Perlbal "web_server" service. AUTHORS
Bruno Martins and JosA~X Castro. SEE ALSO Perlbal::FAQ. There are sample configuration files under conf/, including samples for using and configuring existing plugins. perl v5.14.2 2011-01-23 Perlbal::Manual(3pm)