Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX email issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX email issue Post 302952360 by derekludwig on Tuesday 18th of August 2015 08:31:23 AM
Old 08-18-2015
Arun,

You've redirected STDIN twice, you'll need to remove < /dev/null from the command line.

- DL
This User Gave Thanks to derekludwig For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Crontab email issue

Hi, I have a script that sends a db extract file as an email attachment. I have a crontab created to run it everyday at 8 am.. 00 08 * * * ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh > /home/rtaaa/tbasd/logs/report.log When i just run the "ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryannam
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange aunthentication issue with email

hi again i'm running a centos 4.x box with sendmail and openwebmail. I had a weird situation where users couldn't not get authenticated using a pop mail client but but were able to aunthenticate using the openwebmail webmail client. I looked through the logs and didn't see anything strange. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email issue in unix

Hi, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email in unix.I am using the below code to do this.But when i get the email i see that SUBJECT and TO is blank. Can you please let me know why it is blank? Also the FROM address comes as admin@myhost. Is there any way i can set FROM to user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with Email Body

Hi, I have written shell program to send email as below - #!/bin/ksh filename=`ls -ltrh *.Z` echo $filename |mailx -s "FOR TESTING" rahul.b@infotech.net I am getting the email but email body is - -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 173M Mar 22 04:37 corphist.txt.Z -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 107M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email issue

hi all, i am not getting with the email attached not sure what wrong with the syntax can u help me out plz. cat notavailabltext.txt please reach to team for any issues. uuencode notavailable.txt notavailable.txt | mailx -m -s "Files are available" arun@trival.com < notavailabltext.txt (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
6 Replies

8. Programming

Perl - EMail issue - NEED Help

I have a perl that is sending emails in a bad format: "begin 644 Included.doc M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BH*4U5#0T534T953"!-1$XG<R!F;W(@07)C:&EV92!022`M M($-A;F-E;`HJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with email sent from Linux server

I have written a shell script to send email to users with message body and attachment. Message body has registered symbol. But when I receive the email, registered trademark symbol has a special character prefixed and appears carlington work® whereas I am expecting to see only carlington work® .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo87
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Email Issue

Hello, I am facing an issue with email in Linux. I am using mailx command to send email. When I give invalid domain address then it is taking both sender and recipient as sender email and trying to send email. Below is my command echo -e "${EMAIL_TEXT}" | mailx -v -s "${SUBJECT}" -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
5 Replies
shell(1F)							   FMLI Commands							 shell(1F)

NAME
shell - run a command using shell SYNOPSIS
shell command [command] ... DESCRIPTION
The shell function concatenate its arguments, separating each by a space, and passes this string to the shell ($SHELL if set, otherwise /usr/bin/sh). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of shell command. Since the Form and Menu Language does not directly support background processing, the shell function can be used instead. `shell "build prog > /dev/null &"` If you want the user to continue to be able to interact with the application while the background job is running, the output of an exe- cutable run by shell in the background must be redirected: to a file if you want to save the output, or to /dev/null if you don't want to save it (or if there is no output), otherwise your application may appear to be hung until the background job finishes processing. shell can also be used to execute a command that has the same name as an FMLI built-in function. NOTES
The arguments to shell will be concatenate using spaces, which may or may not do what is expected. The variables set in local environments will not be expanded by the shell because "local" means "local to the current process." ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 shell(1F)