Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX [Tip] FS-Manipulation in 7.1.3-Clusters Post 302952357 by agent.kgb on Tuesday 18th of August 2015 08:17:47 AM
Old 08-18-2015
do you have a spare domain? ;-) I have some spare servers.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

question about clusters

hello all...first off let me say hi and im really glad to be apart of this community....tried to join awhile back but i couldnt for some reason im a highschool student and im eager to learn and what im trying to learn now is clusters i have 3 computers in my room all connected on a simple hub ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hexadecimal0011
1 Replies

2. Solaris

about Solaris Patch Clusters md5sum

Hi, for Solaris Patch Clusters version 10_x86_Recommended.zip (Jul 15 2009 / 817 MB - SunSolve) MD5: be40488b0fb1d081deda69dbca415be3 is correct? (the problem is that I don't have an account. ...therefore I can't login on Sunsolve for view MD5 page) yes, is a terrible thread! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
3 Replies

3. Solaris

meaning of states in sun clusters

Hi Everybody, As I am new to Sun Clusters, Please help me what is "online but not monitored" state of resources and "online - service is online" in status message. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayahari
1 Replies

4. Solaris

jumpstart install clusters

Hello, I'm trying to jumpstart a machine with Solaris 10, however the disks in my machine are only 18GB, but I want to have all the developer packages but none of the X windows stuff that can be quite large. Wondered if it was possible to somehow get a list of all packages and remove the ones... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
4 Replies

5. Solaris

VCS Clusters

:)Hi, can someone please explain VCS clustering and where do we need VCS clusters ..? :o:)Thanks in advance :o:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
1 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

I/O bound computing clusters

I want to build a computing cluster and have been looking into grid solutions. My understanding from grid solutions is that participating nodes have to actually sign up to participate in a computation and that an isolated piece of work is sent to the node through a request from that node (pull).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to configure redhat clusters on VMWARE?

I'm using redhat 5.1 installed on VMware work station9. Can you guys help me to configure redhat clusters. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unique based on clusters

Hi, I have a file with 25 clusters and each cluster has multiple rows. I need to find the unique genes in each cluster and assign them Annotation Cluster 2 Enrichment Score: 10.199579524507685 Category Term Count % PValue Genes List Total Pop Hits Pop Total Fold... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies
psradm(1M)						  System Administration Commands						psradm(1M)

NAME
psradm - change processor operational status SYNOPSIS
psradm -f | -i | -n | -s [-v] [-F] processor_id psradm -a -f | -i | -n | -s [-v] [-F] DESCRIPTION
The psradm utility changes the operational status of processors. The legal states for the processor are on-line, off-line, spare, faulted, and no-intr. An on-line processor processes LWPs (lightweight processes) and can be interrupted by I/O devices in the system. An off-line processor does not process any LWPs. Usually, an off-line processor is not interruptible by I/O devices in the system. On some processors or under certain conditions, it might not be possible to disable interrupts for an off-line processor. Thus, the actual effect of being off-line might vary from machine to machine. A spare processor does not process any LWPs. A spare processor can be brought on-line, off-line or to no-intr by a privileged user of the system or by the kernel in response to changes in the system state. A faulted processor is identified by the kernel, which monitors the behavior of processors over time. A privileged user can set the state of a faulted processor to be on-line, off-line, spare or no-intr, but must use the force option to do so. A no-intr processor processes LWPs but is not interruptible by I/O devices. A processor can not be taken off-line or made spare if there are LWPs that are bound to the processor unless the additional -F option is used. The -F option removes processor bindings of such LWPs before changing the processor's operational status. On some architectures, it might not be possible to take certain processors off-line or spare if, for example, the system depends on some resource provided by the processor. At least one processor in the system must be able to process LWPs. At least one processor must also be able to be interrupted. Since an off-line or spare processor can be interruptible, it is possible to have an operational system with one processor no-intr and all other processors off-line or spare but with one or more accepting interrupts. If any of the specified processors are powered off, psradm might power on one or more processors. Only superusers can use the psradm utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Perform the action on all processors, or as many as possible. -f Take the specified processors off-line. -F Force the transition to the additional specified state. Required if one or more of the specified processors was in the faulted state. Set the specified processors to faulted, if no other transition option was specified. Forced transitions can only be made to faulted, spare, or off-line states. Administrators are encouraged to use the -Q option for pbind(1M) to find out which threads will be affected by forced a processor state transition. -i Set the specified processors no-intr. -n Bring the specified processors on-line. -s Make the specified processors spare. -v Output a message giving the results of each attempted operation. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor to be set on-line or off-line, spare, or no-intr. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Setting Processors to off-line The following example sets processors 2 and 3 off-line: % psradm -f 2 3 Example 2: Setting Processors to no-intr The following example sets processors 1 and 2 no-intr: % psradm -i 1 2 Example 3: Setting Processors to spare The following example sets processors 1 and 2 spare, even if either of the processors was in the faulted state: % psradm -F -s 1 2 Example 4: Setting All Processors on-line % psradm -a -n Example 5: Forcing Processors to off-line The following example sets processors 1 and 2 offline, and revokes the processor bindings from the processes bound to them: % psradm -F -f 1 2 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/wtmpx Records logging processor status changes ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pbind(1M), psrinfo(1M), psrset(1M), p_online(2), processor_bind(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psradm: processor 4: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist in the configuration. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor could not be taken off-line because it either has LWPs bound to it, is the last on-line processor in the sys- tem, or is needed by the system because it provides some essential service. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor could not be set no-intr because it is the last interruptible processor in the system, or or it is the only processor in the system that can service interrupts needed by the system. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor is powered off, and it cannot be powered on because some platform-specific resource is unavailable. psradm: processor 0: Not owner The user does not have permission to change processor status. psradm: processor 2: Operation not supported The specified processor is powered off, and the platform does not support power on of individual processors. SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 psradm(1M)