Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX email issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX email issue Post 302952356 by arun888 on Tuesday 18th of August 2015 08:04:30 AM
Old 08-18-2015
UNIX email issue

Hi all,

I have tried to send an email with the below script. but i am not getting the subject of the email where it is present in the simply.txt.

I am using HP UNIX server.

I am not sure what mistake i made in the below unix command. any help would be appreciated.

Code:
 cat simply.txt 
please reach out to support to support team.

Code:
uuencode simply.txt simply.txt | mailx -s "Alert Email for JOBS Failed for week $week"  arunkumar@trival.com  < /dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Crontab email issue

Hi, I have a script that sends a db extract file as an email attachment. I have a crontab created to run it everyday at 8 am.. 00 08 * * * ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh > /home/rtaaa/tbasd/logs/report.log When i just run the "ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryannam
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange aunthentication issue with email

hi again i'm running a centos 4.x box with sendmail and openwebmail. I had a weird situation where users couldn't not get authenticated using a pop mail client but but were able to aunthenticate using the openwebmail webmail client. I looked through the logs and didn't see anything strange. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email issue in unix

Hi, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email in unix.I am using the below code to do this.But when i get the email i see that SUBJECT and TO is blank. Can you please let me know why it is blank? Also the FROM address comes as admin@myhost. Is there any way i can set FROM to user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with Email Body

Hi, I have written shell program to send email as below - #!/bin/ksh filename=`ls -ltrh *.Z` echo $filename |mailx -s "FOR TESTING" rahul.b@infotech.net I am getting the email but email body is - -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 173M Mar 22 04:37 corphist.txt.Z -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 107M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email issue

hi all, i am not getting with the email attached not sure what wrong with the syntax can u help me out plz. cat notavailabltext.txt please reach to team for any issues. uuencode notavailable.txt notavailable.txt | mailx -m -s "Files are available" arun@trival.com < notavailabltext.txt (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
6 Replies

8. Programming

Perl - EMail issue - NEED Help

I have a perl that is sending emails in a bad format: "begin 644 Included.doc M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BH*4U5#0T534T953"!-1$XG<R!F;W(@07)C:&EV92!022`M M($-A;F-E;`HJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with email sent from Linux server

I have written a shell script to send email to users with message body and attachment. Message body has registered symbol. But when I receive the email, registered trademark symbol has a special character prefixed and appears carlington work® whereas I am expecting to see only carlington work® .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo87
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Email Issue

Hello, I am facing an issue with email in Linux. I am using mailx command to send email. When I give invalid domain address then it is taking both sender and recipient as sender email and trying to send email. Below is my command echo -e "${EMAIL_TEXT}" | mailx -v -s "${SUBJECT}" -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
5 Replies
EXO-OPEN(1)							Xfce User's Manual						       EXO-OPEN(1)

NAME
exo-open - Open URLs and launch preferred applications SYNOPSIS
exo-open [[url]...] exo-open --launch [category] [[parameter]...] DESCRIPTION
exo-open is a command line frontend to the Xfce Preferred Applications framework. It can either be used to open a list of urls with the default URL handler or launch the preferred application for a certain category. INVOCATION
exo-open either takes a list of URLs and tries to open each of them using the default handler, or, when using the --launch tries to launch the preferred application for a certain category, optionally passing any number of parameters to the application. Options -?, --help Print brief help and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. --working-directory directory When using the --launch option and this option is specified as well, the application will be run in the given directory. This is primarily useful when running the preferred TerminalEmulator from another application and you want the command in the terminal window to be run in a specific directory. --launch category parameters... Launch the preferred application for the given category with the optional parameters..., where category is either WebBrowser, MailReader or TerminalEmulator. If you do not specify the --launch option, exo-open will open all specified URLs with their preferred URL handlers. Else, if you specify the --launch option, you can select which preferred application you want to run, and pass additional parameters to the application (i.e. for TerminalEmulator you can pass the command line that should be run in the terminal). COMPOSING EMAILS
exo-open allows users and developers to open the preferred email composer from the command line by simply invoking exo-open mailto:USER@HOST.TLD. This will open the composer window with USER@HOST.TLD as the recipient. This syntax is supported by all MailReaders. In addition the MailReaders that ship as part of libexo also support extended mailto:-URIs (but be aware that user-defined mailers do not necessarily support this), which allows you to also specify default values for the subject and the body of the mail, add additional recipients (both Cc: and To:) and attach files to emails. For example mailto:foo@foo.org?cc=bar@bar.org&subject=Foo&attach=/foo/bar.txt tells the composer to start an email to foo@foo.org and bar@bar.org with Foo in the subject and the file /foo/bar.txt attached to the message. AUTHOR
exo-open was written by Benedikt Meurer benny@xfce.org. This manual page was provided by Benedikt Meurer benny@xfce.org. Xfce 12/12/2009 EXO-OPEN(1)