Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to Take Sent Mail Backup in Linux Sever Post 302952294 by mohanalakshmi on Monday 17th of August 2015 07:18:36 AM
Old 08-17-2015
I have used bcc command along with my mail -s command and mail was successfully sent.
after that i have checked in these location /var/spool/mail and var/log/ for finding my bcc copy mail.but i didn't found any mail.
I dont have root access to view the mail logs .
So please give some solution to resolve this issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup command that will send e-mail to mount 2nd tape

Hi, I'm trying to come out with a script that uses the 'backup' command to backup large filesystems. Most of the time this data takes two or three DLT tapes to complete. The backup takes too long because operations never sees the message to mount 2nd tape. I have a script that uses sysback and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvilla0993
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script on a different Sever

Guys, I want to run a script located on a different server from my pc. Let say the server has an IP of 1.1.10.2/16 and the script path is: /home/user/bin/check.sh The script scans for all available devices on the lan. My pc has an IP of 1.1.15.4/16 and I can ping the sever and can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

OS X Server: Trouble restoring mail from backup...

So I had some bad RAM in my server. Of course I didn't know it at the time. And it kept making the 10.3.5 updater crash. And that last crash did it. My drive was messed up. So I had to reformat and reinstall. Luckily I had a whole slew of fresh backups. But I'm really hung up on the mail. I backed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can somebody advise any free Linux sever for shell programming?

Hi, everybody. I just wonder whether there are a couple of free Linux servers running as terminals where people can practice Unix Shell Programming? I'd like to set up one myself but unfortunatly can't do it. I can't switch to Linux now coz I run a couple of servers on my machine. Cygwin is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: belgampaul
3 Replies

5. AIX

find the IP's on the sever

Hi , I am working on AIx server which is connected to another network which is a stock market via leased line , From my side I connect to the server locally but what i need is to know the ip whic the server connect to the stock market how I can Know this ???? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux NIS sever not binding with Solaris client

I am installing a NIS master server with a linux SLES 10 SP1. And it was pretty straight forward. (Simple since it GUI ) The server can bind to itself when issue with ypwhich command. But on solaris 10 box, I set up the defaultdomain (/etc/defaultdomain) and also issue ypinit -c to startup the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check mail backup cron job

i have just installed a cron job to run at 3 in the morning once a week. It's difficult for me to test if it works because the email backup program takes the email service down before running the backup. I wondered if i could ask you gurus if this would work? 0 3 * * 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timgolding
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Sever

How do I install a LAMP server on a new installation of Debian 9 using the lalest versions of AMP? Here is what I have. Corrections please. MYSQL apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client You can verify the MySQL server status using command: systemctl status mysql ------- PHP7... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

i am working on migration project, 8.5 sever able to embedded HTML report to mail body with below sy

i am working on migration project, 8.5 sever able to embedded HTML report to mail body with below syntax. $ mail -s "subject "recipient mail -- -f sender mail < xyz.html But above syntax is not working in 11.5 server and changed to below. $ mail -s "subject" -r recipient mail sender mail <... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JatinInfy
0 Replies
PAM_MAIL(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						       PAM_MAIL(8)

NAME
pam_mail - Inform about available mail SYNOPSIS
pam_mail.so [close] [debug] [dir=maildir] [empty] [hash=count] [noenv] [nopen] [quiet] [standard] DESCRIPTION
The pam_mail PAM module provides the "you have new mail" service to the user. It can be plugged into any application that has credential or session hooks. It gives a single message indicating the newness of any mail it finds in the user's mail folder. This module also sets the PAM environment variable, MAIL, to the user's mail directory. If the mail spool file (be it /var/mail/$USER or a pathname given with the dir= parameter) is a directory then pam_mail assumes it is in the Maildir format. OPTIONS
close Indicate if the user has any mail also on logout. debug Print debug information. dir=maildir Look for the users' mail in an alternative location defined by maildir/<login>. The default location for mail is /var/mail/<login>. Note, if the supplied maildir is prefixed by a '~', the directory is interpreted as indicating a file in the user's home directory. empty Also print message if user has no mail. hash=count Mail directory hash depth. For example, a hashcount of 2 would make the mail file be /var/spool/mail/u/s/user. noenv Do not set the MAIL environment variable. nopen Don't print any mail information on login. This flag is useful to get the MAIL environment variable set, but to not display any information about it. quiet Only report when there is new mail. standard Old style "You have..." format which doesn't show the mail spool being used. This also implies "empty". MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The session and auth (on establishment and deletion of credentials) module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Badly formed arguments. PAM_SUCCESS Success. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to indicate that the user has new mail when they login to the system. session optional pam_mail.so standard SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_mail was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_MAIL(8)