Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX [Tip] FS-Manipulation in 7.1.3-Clusters Post 302952241 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 16th of August 2015 06:17:45 AM
Old 08-16-2015
@agent.kgb, when providing a link please also describe what we can expect to find there, preferably by quoting the relevant part.

After reading that page, I gather what you mean to say is that imfs is in fact documented.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

question about clusters

hello all...first off let me say hi and im really glad to be apart of this community....tried to join awhile back but i couldnt for some reason im a highschool student and im eager to learn and what im trying to learn now is clusters i have 3 computers in my room all connected on a simple hub ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hexadecimal0011
1 Replies

2. Solaris

about Solaris Patch Clusters md5sum

Hi, for Solaris Patch Clusters version 10_x86_Recommended.zip (Jul 15 2009 / 817 MB - SunSolve) MD5: be40488b0fb1d081deda69dbca415be3 is correct? (the problem is that I don't have an account. ...therefore I can't login on Sunsolve for view MD5 page) yes, is a terrible thread! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
3 Replies

3. Solaris

meaning of states in sun clusters

Hi Everybody, As I am new to Sun Clusters, Please help me what is "online but not monitored" state of resources and "online - service is online" in status message. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayahari
1 Replies

4. Solaris

jumpstart install clusters

Hello, I'm trying to jumpstart a machine with Solaris 10, however the disks in my machine are only 18GB, but I want to have all the developer packages but none of the X windows stuff that can be quite large. Wondered if it was possible to somehow get a list of all packages and remove the ones... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
4 Replies

5. Solaris

VCS Clusters

:)Hi, can someone please explain VCS clustering and where do we need VCS clusters ..? :o:)Thanks in advance :o:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
1 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

I/O bound computing clusters

I want to build a computing cluster and have been looking into grid solutions. My understanding from grid solutions is that participating nodes have to actually sign up to participate in a computation and that an isolated piece of work is sent to the node through a request from that node (pull).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to configure redhat clusters on VMWARE?

I'm using redhat 5.1 installed on VMware work station9. Can you guys help me to configure redhat clusters. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unique based on clusters

Hi, I have a file with 25 clusters and each cluster has multiple rows. I need to find the unique genes in each cluster and assign them Annotation Cluster 2 Enrichment Score: 10.199579524507685 Category Term Count % PValue Genes List Total Pop Hits Pop Total Fold... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies
HWLOC-GATHER-TOPOLOGY(1)					       hwloc						  HWLOC-GATHER-TOPOLOGY(1)

NAME
hwloc-gather-topology - Saves the relevant Linux topology files and the lstopo output for later (possibly offline) usage. SYNOPSIS
hwloc-gather-topology [options] <path> OPTIONS
-h --help display help message and exit DESCRIPTION
hwloc-gather-topology saves all the relevant topology files into an archive (<path>.tar.bz2) and the lstopo output (<path>.output). The utility for example stores the /proc/cpuinfo file and the entire /sys/devices/system/node/ directory tree. These files can be used later to explore the machine topology offline. Once the tarball has been extracted, it may for instance be given to some hwloc command-line utilities through their --input option. It is also possible to override the default topology that the hwloc library will read by setting the extracted path in the HWLOC_FSROOT environment variable. Both archive and lstopo output may also be submitted to hwloc developers to debug issues remotely. hwloc-gather-topology is a Linux specific tool, it is not installed on other operating systems. NOTE: It is highly recommended that you read the hwloc(7) overview page before reading this man page. EXAMPLES
To store topology information to be used later (possibly on a different host) please run: hwloc-gather-topology /tmp/myhost It will store all relevant topology files in the /tmp/myhost.tar.bz2 archive and the lstopo output in the /tmp/myhost.output file. These files can be transferred on another host for later/offline analysis and/or as the input to various hwloc utilities. To use these data with hwloc utilities you have to unpack myhost.tar.bz2 archive first: tar jxvf /tmp/myhost.tar.bz2 A new directory named myhost now contains all topology files. Then you ask various hwloc utilities to use this topology instead of the one of the real machine by passing --input myhost. To display the topology just run: lstopo --input ./myhost It is not necessary that the topology is extracted in the current directory, absolute or relative paths are also supported: lstopo --input /path/to/remote/host/extracted/topology/ To see how hwloc would distribute 8 parallel jobs on the original host: hwloc-distrib --input myhost --single 8 To get the corresponding physical indexes in the previous command: hwloc-calc --input myhost --po --li --proclist $(hwloc-distrib --input myhost --single 8) Any program may actually override the default topology with a given archived one even if it does not have a --input option. The HWLOC_FSROOT environment variable should be used to do so: HWLOC_FSROOT=myhost hwloc-calc --po --li --proclist $(hwloc-distrib --single 8) All these commands will produce the same output as if executed directly on the host on which the topology information was originally gath- ered by the hwloc-gather-topology script. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful execution, hwloc-gather-topology will exit with the code 0. hwloc-gather-topology will return nonzero exit status if any kind of error occurs, such as (but not limited to) failure to create the ar- chive or output file. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-calc(1), hwloc-distrib(1) 1.4.1 Feb 27, 2012 HWLOC-GATHER-TOPOLOGY(1)