Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [LUA] WindowManager: Awesome - Checking OS and assign different icon Post 302952230 by sea on Saturday 15th of August 2015 03:21:34 PM
Old 08-15-2015
Gee... copy paste has hidden the error..

There was an unrequired tailing ) at the theme definition in the source which caused the icon to be not displayed (and other things, i didnt count to this).

So for obvious reasons, you could not find an issue, for which i want to appologize and thank you for the read.
On the other hand, if you'd like to apply this to your AwesomeWM & Vicious widget theme, go ahead, its working. Smilie

Thank you

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

WindowManager

I Have Installed GARNOME but i don't know how i can start it in RedHat 7.3...it is very confusion to change WindowManagers in RedHat 7.3...in slackware i just changed in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and it was it...but in RedHat 7.3 it is very diferent...please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing PECL LUA on Centos for PHP

I'm kinda new to Linux, I'm mostly run websites, and it's rather easy to do everything... except install this PECL LUA plugin. :wall: I start by running this command: pecl install lua-0.9.4 downloading lua-0.9.4.tgz ... Starting to download lua-0.9.4.tgz (12,617 bytes) .....done: 12,617... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackstar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[LUA-Awesome] Can i use $XDG_XY_DIR inside a lua script?

Heyas I'm a fan of AwesomeWM, but i had failed to learn lua, though, i'm quite satisfied with the cofniguration i have by now. Either way, i'd like to know if i could 'call' those XDG_XY_DIR variables which are located on my linux ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs. While to call scripts i use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

[LUA / DE] AwesomeWM & Vicious Widgets

Hello Allthough i dont know LUA, despite its name, i do love the window manager that was created using that language. By now, I'm enough familiar with LUA so i could adapt (most of) the recent changes so i have vicous widgets working again - by the means of no error messages on start up. I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Programming

[LUA] Set variables according to if file exists

Heya I'm using Awesome WM with the Vicious widget library. As i'm using multi boot, Win8, Fedora and Arch, i have my WM-Config shared accross my GNU/Linux installations. The regarding snippet: -- Functions -- Its just a workaround for an 'unstable' 'hwmon/hwmon' definition of Fedora21 -... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

A make-like build utility based on Lua

xmake is a make-like build utility based on lua. (Link to project site: xmake) The project focuses on making development and building easier and provides many features (.e.g package, install, plugin, macro, action, option, task ...), so that any developer can quickly pick it up and enjoy the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waruqi
1 Replies
metacity(1)							   User Commands						       metacity(1)

NAME
metacity, metacity--theme-viewer - GNOME desktop window manager, theme viewer for the metacity window manager themes SYNOPSIS
metacity [--sm-disable] [--sm-save-file=filename] [--display=display] [--replace] [--version] metacity-theme-viewer [theme-name] DESCRIPTION
metacity is a fully integrated window manager that uses GTK+ for UI elements. metacity communicates closely with the panel and other desk- top elements. To configure metacity, use the GNOME preferences dialogs. metacity-theme-viewer is an application for testing and displaying metacity themes. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --display=displaSpecify the remote X Display to be used by the window manager, where display is in the following format: hostname:displaynumber.screennumber --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. --replace A metacity started with the ---replaceoption will replace an existing metacity. --sm-disable Disable the connection to the session manager. --sm-save-file=fSpecifies the session management file to be used. By default, the $HOME/.metacity/sessions file is used. --version Display the version information for the metacity command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: -theme-name Specifies the theme that metacity should use. If no theme is specified on the metacity-theme-viewer command line, metacity loads the Crux theme. An error message is displayed if the theme does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting metacity From the Command Line When a metacity is Already Running example% metacity --replace Example 2: Starting metacity With a Non-Default Session Management File example% metacity --sm-save-file=filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/metacity The command-line executable for the application. /usr/bin/metacity--themeTheecommand-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-wm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 metacity(1)