Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print one sentence 40 to 50 words end with period in a file Post 302952140 by MadeInGermany on Friday 14th of August 2015 04:15:43 AM
Old 08-14-2015
Traditional sed needs a ; before the closing }
Code:
sed -n '/^\(.\{99,154\}[^0-9]\.\).*/ {s//\1/p;q;}' test.txt

Because here the substitution always works, you could as well have an unconditional print command:
Code:
sed -n '/^\(.\{99,154\}[^0-9]\.\).*/ {s//\1/;p;q;}' test.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find capital letter names in a file without finding words at start of sentence

Hi, I want to be able to list all the names in a file which begin with a capital letter, but I don't want it to list words that begin a new sentence. Is there any way round this? Thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kev269
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print starting 3rd line until end of the file.

Hi, I want to Print starting 3rd line until end of the file. Pls let me know the command. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smc3
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert period at the end of each line

file1 contains: this is a test this is a test and only a test this is another test this is another test and only another only i'd like my file to look like this: this is a test. this is a test and only a test. this is another test. this is another test and only another only. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in script; [ script to control a sentence & its words ]

Hello friends, I am looking for any sed/awk/python script that can identify the position of a character or word in a file. Well, I prefer sed. <space> is a tab space since I actually dont know how to make the forum editor display a space as such. Sample text ----------- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim the sentence containing colon and period to extract a word in between

Hello All , i am a newbie in korn shell scripting trying to trim a sentence that is parsed into a variable . The format of the sentence has three words that are separated from other by a " : " colon and "." period . Format of the sentence looks like ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print in incremental order a sentence

Dear help! I want to print The number i is number i let i=1 to 5 output should be like The number 1 is number 1 The number 2 is number 2 The number 3 is number 3 The number 4 is number 4 The number 5 is number 5 Would be gr8 if you mke this with awk Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file end

Hello All, I have file names in a directory that ends this way File Names in the directory abc.log.1.txt abc.log.2.txt abc.log.3.txt I want to print the 1, 2 and 3 in the file names as the first column in my output, and some contents of the files as second and fourth columns. I wrote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

match sentence and word adn fetch similar words in alist

Hi all, I have ot match sentence list and word list anf fetch similar words in a separate file second file with 2 columns So I want the output shuld be 2 columns like this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Adding a Period at the end of a line

I started venturing in learning the art of using AWK/GAWK and wanted to simply added a period from line #11 to line #28 or to the end of the file if there is data. So for example: 11 Centos.NM 12 dojo1 13 redhat.5.5.32Bit 14 redhat.6.2.64Bit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add words in beginning , end after removing a word in a file

My file has the entries like below... /dev/sds /dev/sdak /dev/sdbc /dev/sdbu I want to make the file like below echo 1 > /sys/block/sds/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdak/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdbc/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdbu/device/rescan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanapandi
2 Replies
mbtg(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   mbtg(1)

NAME
MBTG - Memory Based Tagger generator SYNOPSYS
mbtg -T <filename> -s <setting filename> or mbtg [options] DESCRIPTION
This programs generates, based on a tagged corpus, all the files needed to be able to tag a text with mbt. OPTIONS
-h or --help show help -T <tagged training corpus file> or -E <enriched tagged training corpus file> All further options have reasonable defaults, so using them is only needed for the experienced user. See the mbt manual for more details. -s settingsfile mbtg creates this file, which can be used to run mbt with minimal effort. (like mbt -s settings -T somefile) -p pattern the pattern for known words (default ddfa) -P pattern the pattern for unknown words (default dFapsss) -% <number> filter threshold for ambitag construction (default 5%) -l <lexiconfile> -L <file with list of frequent words> -r <ambitagfile> -k <known words case base> -u <unknown words case base> -K <known words instances file> -U <unknown words instances file> -V or --version show version info -e <sentence delimiter> (default '<utt>') -X keep the intermediate files -Otimbl options (Note: there is NO SPACE between O and the options) <options> classifier options for both known and unknown words instances bases K: <options> classifier options for known words instance base U: <options> classifier options for unknown words case base valid timbl options are: a d k m q v w x - BUGS
possibly AUTHORS
Ko van der Sloot Timbl@uvt.nl Antal van den Bosch Timbl@uvt.nl SEE ALSO
timbl(1) mbt(1) mbtserver(1) 2011 march 21 mbtg(1)