Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Script for Multiple Files of Same Name Post 302952071 by Cludgie on Thursday 13th of August 2015 09:35:00 AM
Old 08-13-2015
Thanks for getting back to me derekludwig,

Yeah it makes sense now. The second option nails it for me and now I can add that line to the bottom of the script before connecting to the next box.

Thanks again
cludgie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files to different directories

The script below is written to ftp files to different directories on the destination server, but I'm not sure whether I have written the code correctly or not. Can anyone help me on this? #!/bin/sh FILE_NAMES="FileA FileB FileC" SERVER=xxxx USERID=abcd PASSWD=xxxxx... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrd600
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send multiple files during ftp

Hi guys... I'm working on #!/bin/sh script in a Solaris 7 box that should send several files over to another machine via FTP. Here's what the script looks like: # This script will send the daily MSP customer counts # to the Crystal Reports server located at 192.168.2.106 cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to ftp multiple files

Hi, I have to write a ftp script which transfers multiple files from one unix server to another. When I try to transfer single file it goes through successfully. But, When I try to do multiple files none of the files get ftp'd. And also, even the single file goes transferred successfully, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting multiple files through ftp

Hi, I have a situation where I need to delete multiple files from a folder once I connect to FTP server. I am using ftp script to get the files, number of files always vary from 1 to 100. once I get the files I need to delete all the files downloaded I am making a list of all the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Automated ftp for Multiple files

I have seen the script posted yesterday for automated ftp Can we do some thing like ftp ing multiple files in one script Example input.txt has all files names to be ftped input.txt ------ a.tar b.ccp c.perl i need to ftp all the files present in input.txt i tried something like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in FTP'ing multiple files

Hi, I have written the following FTP script to get the multiple files from remote server to local server. My problem is that 'mget *' is not working in the script. I also tried with 'mget *.txt', 'mget *.*' etc. without any success. It do not copy any file to local server. In the script, Prompt... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove multiple files in FTP

We have a files in FTP server..... after getting the files from FTP by mget *.* i hav to remove all files (multiple files) at once... is there any command to delete multiple files at once (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from multiple directories

I have multiple files that starts as TRADE_LOG spread across multiple folders in the given structure.. ./dir1/1/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir2/10/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir11/12/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir12/13/TRADE_LOG*.gz when I do ftp uisng mput from the "." dir I am getting the below given error mput... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp multiple files

Hi, i use the below script to send a single file to remote server from linux. ftp -nvi <<!EOF open $Host_name user $USER_ID $PWD binary mput $file_name quit !EOF (where i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies
OSACOMPILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     OSACOMPILE(1)

NAME
osacompile -- compile AppleScripts and other OSA language scripts SYNOPSIS
osacompile [-l language] [-e command] [-o name] [-d] [-r type:id] [-t type] [-c creator] [-x] [-s] [-u] [-a arch] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
osacompile compiles the given files, or standard input if none are listed, into a single output script. Files may be plain text or other compiled scripts. The options are as follows: -l language Override the language for any plain text files. Normally, plain text files are compiled as AppleScript. -e command Enter one line of a script. Script commands given via -e are prepended to the normal source, if any. Multiple -e options may be given to build up a multi-line script. Because most scripts use characters that are special to many shell programs (e.g., AppleScript uses single and double quote marks, ``('', ``)'', and ``*''), the command will have to be correctly quoted and escaped to get it past the shell intact. -o name Place the output in the file name. If -o is not specified, the resulting script is placed in the file ``a.scpt''. The value of -o partly determines the output file format; see below. -x Save the resulting script as execute-only. The following options are only relevant when creating a new bundled applet or droplet: -s Stay-open applet. -u Use startup screen. -a arch Create the applet or droplet for the specified target architecture arch. The allowable values are ``ppc'', ``i386'', and ``x86_64''. The default is to create a universal binary. The following options control the packaging of the output file. You should only need them for compatibility with classic Mac OS or for cus- tom file formats. -d Place the resulting script in the data fork of the output file. This is the default. -r type:id Place the resulting script in the resource fork of the output file, in the specified resource. -t type Set the output file type to type, where type is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. -c creator Set the output file creator to creator, where creator is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. If no options are specified, osacompile produces a Mac OS X format script file: data fork only, with no type or creator code. If the -o option is specified and the file does not already exist, osacompile uses the filename extension to determine what type of file to create. If the filename ends with ``.app'', it creates a bundled applet or droplet. If the filename ends with ``.scptd'', it creates a bun- dled compiled script. Otherwise, it creates a flat file with the script data placed according to the values of the -d and -r options. EXAMPLES
To produce a script compatible with classic Mac OS: osacompile -r scpt:128 -t osas -c ToyS example.applescript SEE ALSO
osascript(1), osalang(1) Mac OS X November 12, 2008 Mac OS X