Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Error while script execution - 0403-029 there is not enough memory available now Post 302951811 by Adyan Faruqi on Tuesday 11th of August 2015 02:02:45 AM
Old 08-11-2015
Error while script execution - 0403-029 there is not enough memory available now

Hi,

I am executing a shell script on AIX box where I need to list all the files in the file system and then do some other tasks with them. I am able to do this successfully on HP-UX and Linux boxes but I get the following error after 10-15 seconds when I try to execute the script on an AIX box.

Code:
0403-029 there is not enough memory available now

I have to search a string in the entire file system.

My code

Code:
for dir in $(ls -d /*)
     do           
            for file in $(find $dir -type f -print)
            do
                    echo $file                            
                    #search the string in the file once this runs successfully
             done

done

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, output, and code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-11-2015 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: Change bold tags to CODE tags and add ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error during the execution of script

Hi, I have a cron job which executes daily once 9 PM. The script is like if then TYPE=OC elif then TYPE=i elif then TYPE=mmc elif then TYPE=CB elif then TYPE=oth fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surjyap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Error: 13192.sumr: 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file.

Hello, i am familiar enough with unix to do some damage but thats about it. We have a set of RS/6000 43P Model 150's running AIX for our Catia V4 programmers. back in the 90's a script was written to automate the conversion of files into machine code. that script has started giving us... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgruenwald
0 Replies

3. AIX

allocate memory for shell script at runtime during execution--urgent critical help!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script - Error: 0403-057

Hi, I am new to shell scripts may be the error is very very small and i am unable to catch hold of it, any suggestion would be appreciated....error is at the bottom: +210 # get file type +211 filetype=`tail -1 "$inputdir"/"$i"|cut -d"|" -f2` +212 # +213 # get the record count as specified... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX KSH: 0403-029 There is not enough memory available now

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out with this one. I am getting an error in AIX when running my KSH script 0403-029 There is not enough memory available now. It is getting this error at the point where I have a PL/SQL Script executed. After executing, I wanted to put it in the log file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3vilwyatt
4 Replies

7. AIX

backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file'

In AIX 5.1, a daily run script that backing up oracle data failed yesterday with following errors: The Tivoli backup of DBPROD failed. What could be the issue, OS, backup or Oracle? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution error with awk script

Hi, I run an awk script and I got the error attached below: here are the lines that the compiler point to as an error: duration = timeEnd1-timeBegin1; print "Transmission: type of traffic " flow1 ; print “ - Total transmitted bits = ” totalBits1 ” bits”; print “ - duration = ”... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in sh script execution

Script: #!/sbin/sh echo "Welcome to my First Script" echo "Enter a word" read PASS if then echo "You are correct" elif then echo "Thats incorrect" else echo "Bye" fi When i run the script shell says: Syntax error at line 7:'elif' is not expected I ran through some old posts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error

I am getting the error : rocfm/wls_subload/in/processed_files/tel_input_additional_checked_all_mandatory.txt: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 1 : `|' is not expected. >>>>ALL MANDATORY FIELDS CHECKING IS SUCCESSFUL count is 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
3 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)                                           File Formats Manual                                          NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)