Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file. Post 302951799 by Don Cragun on Monday 10th of August 2015 10:53:49 PM
Old 08-10-2015
Assuming there are never any spaces in the Status field, try:
Code:
awk -F'[[:space:]]+|:' '$(NF-3) + 0 >= 48' OP.txt >> output.txt

Note the >> redirection operator instead of >. (You said you wanted to append to the destination file; not replace its current contents.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print last occurrence if first field match

Hi All, I have an input below. If the term in the 1st column is equal, print the last row which 1st column is equal.In the below example, it's " 0001 k= 27 " and " 0004 k= 6 " (depicted in bold). Those terms in 1st column which are not repetitive are to be printed as well. Can any body help me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print field n of line m

Hi everyone, I have a basic csh/awk question. How do I print a given field from a given line in a given file? Thanks in advance! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Match first field of two Files and print

Hi, I want to get script or command in Sun Unix which matches first fields of both the files and print the feilds of one files, example may make it more clear. InputFile1 ================== Alex,1,fgh Menthos,45454,toto Gothica,855,ee Zenie4,77,gg Salvatore,66,oo Dhin,1234,papapa... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indian.ace
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need Shell script for Sort BASED ON FIRST FIELD and PRINT THE WHOLE FILE WITHOUT DUPLICATES

Can some one provide me a shell script. I have file with many columns and many rows. need to sort the first column and then remove the duplicates records if exists.. finally print the full data with first coulm as unique. Sort BASED ON FIRST FIELD and remove the duplicates if exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuffEnuff
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify the script, check field match to value in a file

Hi Everyone, Below is the script, i feel there should be more simple way to do the same output, my one works, but feel not nice. like using index i feel it is slow (image my file is very large), maybe awk can do one line code? Please advice. # cat 1.txt 1 a 2 b 3 cc 4 d # cat 1.pl... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Pattern match between 2 files, then compare a field in file1 as > or < field in file2

First, thanks for the help in previous posts... couldn't have gotten where I am now without it! So here is what I have, I use AWK to match $1 and $2 as 1 string in file1 to $1 and $2 as 1 string in file2. Now I'm wondering if I can extend this AWK command to incorporate the following: If $1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns and print specific field

Hello, I have data in following format. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print text in field if match and range is met

In the awk below I am trying to match the value in $4 of file1 with the split value from $4 in file2. I store the value of $4 in file1 in A and the split value (using the _ for the split) in array. I then strore the value in $2 as min, the value in $3 as max, and the value in $1 as chr. If A is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
flow-print(1)						      General Commands Manual						     flow-print(1)

NAME
flow-print -- Display flows in formatted ASCII. SYNOPSIS
flow-print [-hlnpw] [-d debug_level] [-f format] DESCRIPTION
The flow-print utility will display flow data in ASCII using pre-defined formats selectable with -f. Some of the less descriptive column headers are defined below Header Description ------------------------------- Sif Source Interface ifIndex. DiF Destination Interface ifIndex. Pr Protocol. P Protocol. SrcP Source Port. DstP Destination Port. Pkts Packets. Octets Octets (Bytes). Active Time in ms the flow was active. B/Pk Bytes per Packet. Ts Type of Service. Fl Flags, for TCP the cumulative or of the TCP control bits. srcAS Source AS. dstAS Destination AS. Start Start time of the flow. End End time of the flow. router_sc V7 IP address of router producing shorcuts. peer_nexthop V6 IP address of peer next hop IP address. encap i/o Version 6 only. Encapsulation size in/out duration Time in ms the flow was active. input Input Interface ifIndex. output Output Interface ifIndex. flows Number of aggregated flows. mTos V8.x ToS of pkts that exceeded the contract. xpackets V8.x Packets that exceed the contract. OPTIONS
-d debug_level Enable debugging. -f format Select format. The default is appropriate for the export type of the flow data. Available formats are: 0 1 line, interfaces, hex ports 1 2 line (includes timing and flags) 2 2 line candidate TCP syn attack flows 3 1 line, no interfaces, decimal ports 4 1 line with AS number 5 1 line, 132 column 6 show ip accounting emulation 7 1 line, 132 column +router_id 8 1 line, 132 column +encapsulation 9 1 line with tag values 10 AS aggregation 11 Protocol Port aggregation 12 Source Prefix aggregation 13 Destination Prefix aggregation 14 Prefix aggregation 15 Destination aggregation (Catalyst) 16 Source Destination aggregation (Catalyst) 17 Full Flow (Catalyst) 18 ToS AS Aggregation 19 ToS Proto Port aggregation 20 ToS Source Prefix aggregation 21 ToS Destination Prefix aggregation 22 ToS Prefix Aggregation 23 ToS Prefix Port aggregation 24 Full (Catalyst) -h Display help. -l Unbuffer output. -n Use symbolic names where appropriate. -p Display header information. -w Wide output. EXAMPLES
Display flows in flowfile flow-print < flowfile FILES
Configuration files: Symbols - /etc/flow-tools/sym/*. BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Mark Fullmer maf@splintered.net SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-print(1)