Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting the records once condition met Post 302951714 by znesotomayor on Monday 10th of August 2015 02:43:17 AM
Old 08-10-2015
Thanks Everyone for your usual support.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email to user when condition met

Hi all, I plan to write a shell script to inform users on their task when certain condition met. example: If a then email user on action a else email user on action b. I'm pretty new in scripting, appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break a loop if condition is met

I am having trouble figuring this code I want to grep a text from a file and if it match certain text it break out of the loop or it should continue searching for the text Here is what I have written but it isn't working while true f=`grep 'END OF STATUS REPORT' filename` do if ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Issemael
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

do nothing if condition is not met but not exit

Hello all, I created the below script....and it seemed to be working fine. My problem is i want the script to ignore rest of the things if my condition is not met but do not exit.... #!/bin/ksh ########################### ########################### # Set name of the listener, this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

While loop only if a condition is met

All, I wrote the following section of code (which logically in PHP would of worked): tmpPATH=${1} tmpTAG=${2} if then while read tmpTAG tmpPATH do fi echo $tmpTAG echo $tmpPATH if then done < ./config.cfg fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send mail script only if condition is met

only wc -l greater than 0 then send email to owner, otherwise do nothing. ie. result=powermt display dev=all|awk '{print $7}'|grep -i dead|wc -l if then echo $result else : fi mailx -s "there is dead path (s)" "mymail@mydomain.com" ----------- it is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete if condition met in a column

i have a table like this: id, senderNumber, blacklist ----------------------------- 1 0835636326 Y 2 0373562343 Y 3 0273646833 Y and I want to delete automatically if a new inserted row on another table consist anything on senderNumber column above using a BASH Script I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print specific field when condition met

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance to print all the specific field when the condition met. Ex: file1.txt 1|203|3|31243|5341|6452|623|22|00|01 3|45345|123214|6534|3423|6565|643|343|232|10 if field 1 = 1 and field 3 = 3 and field 5 = 5341 and field 6 = 6452 it will print from $1 to $10.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on how to append on the filename when condition met.

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to append the specific string when $3 condion met. ex. file1.txt ar0050046b16,5,888,0,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,25689.55 ar0050046b16,5,0,0,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,25689.55 ar0050046b16,5,0,0,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,25689.55 expected output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add another condition to bash for when not met

In the below I can not seem to add a line that will add Not low if the statement in bold is not true or meet. I guess when the first if statement is true/meet then print low, otherwise print Not low in $(NF + 1). I am not sure how to correctly add this. Thank you :). if(low <= $2 && $2 <=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk - print when condition is met

I have a file.txt containing the following: Query= HWI-ST863:386:C5Y8UACXX:3:2302:16454:89688 1:N:0:ACACGAAT Length=100 Score E Sequences producing significant alignments: (Bits) Value ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tons92
2 Replies
getpflags(2)															      getpflags(2)

NAME
getpflags, setpflags - get or set process flags SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <priv.h> uint_t getpflags(uint_t flag); int setpflags(uint_t flag, uint_t value); The getpflags() and setpflags() functions obtain and modify the current per-process flags. The following values for flag are supported: PRIV_AWARE This one bit flag takes the value of 0 (unset) or 1 (set). Only if this flag is set is the current process privilege- aware. A process can attempt to unset this flag but might fail silently if the observed set invariance condition cannot be met. Setting this flag is always successful. See privileges(5) for a discussion of this flag. PRIV_DEBUG This one bit flag takes the value of 0 (unset) or 1 (set). Only if this flag is set does the current process have privi- lege debugging enabled. Processes can set and unset this flag at will. The getpflags() returns the value associated with a given per-process flag. If the flag argument is invalid, (uint_t)-1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. Upon successful completion, setpflags() returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The getpflags() and setpflags() functions will fail if: EINVAL The value of flag or the value to which the flag is set is out of range. The setpflags() function will fail if: EPERM An attempt was made to unset PRIV_AWARE but the observed set invariance condition was not met. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ppriv(1), attributes(5), privileges(5) 7 Mar 2005 getpflags(2)