Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace variable string with text Post 302951644 by mutley2202 on Saturday 8th of August 2015 05:23:29 PM
Old 08-08-2015
Thanks

Thanks chaps, worked a treat !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace text with a variable?

Is there a way that I can make the following work with using variables? perl -pi -e 's#blah#hrm#ig' replacetext but like this var=blah perl -pi -e 's#$var#hrm#ig' replacetext (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doublejz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed to replace text with a variable

I'm trying to replace text in a file with text from a variable I have the following in my script, but its not working: #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the path to load scripts" read x echo "updating the templates" sed "s/CHANGE_ME_TO_LOAD_PATH/"$x"/g" LoadFiles.sh > LoadFiles2.sh I thought... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in a file w/ a variable value

I am trying to replace the default home page for several mac user accounts, I wrote a script that will hunt the files down and replace them with a pre-configured set. The problem I am having is that the download destination path for the browser is hard coded into a .plist (text config file) file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

5. AIX

Replace string with asterisk(*) in variable

I was trying to replace a string ( for eg - @@asterisk@@ to * ) in variable using cat $INFILE | while read LINE do stmt1=`echo $LINE | sed 's/@@asterisk@@/\*/g'` stmt=$stmt' '$stmt1 stmt2=`echo $LINE` STATEMENT=$STATEMENT' '$stmt2 done echo 'Statement with sed -- > '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace text in file using variable

Hi, I'm making a script that automaticaly set file size and path in xml file. I tried with : sed -i 's/BOOTPATH/TEST/g' file.xml it works fine but if I use a viriable : sed -i 's/BOOTPATH/$bootpathf/g' file.xml with this one, no change are made. I don't understand why. If a make a ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toug
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in file with a variable value

Hi Fellows, I am new to shell, please help we me out in this.. i have file which some lines like this.. $$param1='12-jan-2011' $$param2='14-jan-2011' $$param3='30-jan-2011' . . .....so on.. I want to change $$param3 to '31-dec-2011'. i have variable which is storing(30-jan-2011 this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victor369
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace substring from a string variable

Hi, Wish to remove "DR-" from the string variable (var). var="DR-SERVER1" var=`echo $var | sed -e 's/DR-//g'` echo "$var" Expected Output: However, I get the below error: Can you please suggest. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace string in variable?

Hello, I have simple while and for loops in a shell script and I would like to replace some characters in COL2 when I run it. I am on ubuntu 14.04 while read COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 do name=$COL2 #cat $name | sed -i "s|_| |g" $name for i in $COL3 $COL4 do some codes ...... run $i b="$name"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
11 Replies
DPMGR(1)						      Quick Database Manager							  DPMGR(1)

NAME
dpmgr - administration utility for QDBM Depot SYNOPSIS
dpmgr create [-s] [-bnum num] name dpmgr put [-kx|-ki] [-vx|-vi|-vf] [-keep|-cat] [-na] name key val dpmgr out [-kx|-ki] name key dpmgr get [-nl] [-kx|-ki] [-start num] [-max num] [-ox] [-n] name key dpmgr list [-nl] [-k|-v] [-ox] name dpmgr optimize [-bnum num] [-na] name dpmgr inform [-nl] name dpmgr remove name dpmgr repair name dpmgr exportdb name file dpmgr importdb name file dpmgr snaffle [-kx|-ki] [-ox] [-n] name key dpmgr version DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the dpmgr commands. dpmgr is a utility for debugging Depot and its applications. It features editing and checking of a database. It can be used for database applications with shell scripts. This command is used in the above format. name specifies a database name. key specifies the key of a record. val specifies the value of a record. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the file:///usr/share/doc/qdbm-doc/spex.html#depotcli. -s make the file sparse. -bnum num specify the number of the elements of the bucket array. -kx treat key as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -ki treat key as an integer expression of decimal notation. -vx treat val as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -vi treat val as an integer expression of decimal notation. -vf read the value from a file specified with val. -keep specify the storing mode for `DP_DKEEP'. -cat specify the storing mode for `DP_DCAT'. -na do not set alignment. -nl open the database without file locking. -start specify the beginning offset of a value to fetch. -max specify the max size of a value to fetch. -ox treat the output as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -n do not output the tailing newline. -k output keys only. -v output values only. SEE ALSO
qdbm(3), dptsv(1), dpopen(3). AUTHOR
QDBM was written by Mikio Hirabayashi <mikio@fallabs.com>. This manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Man Page 2005-05-23 DPMGR(1)