Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Sco UNIX wont boot - long beeps Post 302951641 by jgt on Saturday 8th of August 2015 04:34:47 PM
Old 08-08-2015
And or the cmos battery is weak.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during Sco Unix boot

Hi friends, i am getting the following error while booting my system which has SCo UNIX . ========================= H iinit PANIC: srmountfun-Error 22 mounting of rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : Space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. safe to power off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

2. SCO

sco unix and xp boot loader needed?

hi, i m a newbie and installed sco unix on my machine. Also i installed win-xp. i tried to modify the boot.ini file but it does not give me a choice in the begining. please guide me on this. do we get a boot loader for unix like LILO or GRUB? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 187final
3 Replies

3. SCO

sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

5. SCO

Sco unix v/386 3.2 problem boot and install

Hi i have a problem after boot with N1 disk and putting N2 disk and pressing the enter in this message:Insert N2(filesystem) floppy and press after by this(pressing enter) the system is reboot!! why??? :confused: my old pc is a Pentium II 333mhz 3gb hd 64mb ram please help!! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
3 Replies

6. SCO

SCO UNIX Won't Boot

Our system is not booting up properly. It keeps going to this screen: Enter Run Level (0-6, s or S): I tried to hit all nos# 0-6 is just goes to hung state. Tried s or S & it brings me to single user mode. I've checked the file systems & found out that all three had 98%. I tried to... (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
86 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

8. SCO

UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. SCO

Sco UNIX 5.0.6 not boot

hi i have image SCo Unix 5.0.6 and I want transfer on my HP ML350 G5 after Transfer show this message : boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot this hp server used smart array E200i and P400 and sco not recognized HDD tanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
7 Replies
BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)				      System Manager's Manual					BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)

NAME
battery-stats-collector - Collect statistics about battery charge SYNOPSIS
battery-stats-collector [option] ... DESCRIPTION
Does exactly as it says on the tin - it will collect information from the APM subsystem and write it to a log file. Normally battery-stats-collector will be invoked by the system startup scripts. OPTIONS
battery-stats follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -V, --version Show version of battery-stats-collector and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options and exit. -s, --syslog Log error messages to syslog, rather than stderr. Note that messages regarding invalid command line parameters will still go to stderr. -o filename, --output filename Append statistics to the given file. The default filename is /var/log/battery-stats -1, --once Only collect a single sample and exit. The default is to loop continiously. -i seconds, --interval=seconds Sampling intervals in seconds. If not specified, stats will be collected every 30 seconds. -I, --ignore-missing-battery Keeps quiet about missing batteries. This stops the warnings on stderr/syslog that would otherwise occur when the battery is miss- ing. -F samplecount, --flush=samplecount Flushes data to the logfile every <samplecount> samples. A value of zero turns off flushing altogether. If left unspecified, bat- tery-stats-collector will assume a value of 1, i.e. flush at every write. Setting the value too low will tend to keep the disk spinning (and use battery needlessly). Setting the value too high will loose statistics in case of an improper shutdown. Note that since battery-stats-collector uses the standard Ansi C library, data will still be flushed periodically (regardless of this setting) once the buffer fills up. The size of the buffer is platform dependent, but 4Kb and 8Kb seem pretty normal. FILES
/var/log/battery-stats Default file for writing battery charge samples to. SEE ALSO
battery-graph(1) Newer versions of this program may (or may not) be available at http://karl.jorgensen.com/battery-stats AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). September 18, 2002 BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)