Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: EMAIL Format in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting EMAIL Format in UNIX Post 302951628 by RudiC on Saturday 8th of August 2015 07:24:11 AM
Old 08-08-2015
Should work on *nix mail clients. What client are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

html format email with attachment in unix

Team, I have the below code, which is working fine and it sends the html report using sendmail command. I want to attach one more file ( which goes as attachment ) in that email. How to achieve it. i tried with uuencode. But no luck :mad: outputFile="/tmp/out.html" ( echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output to sent in Email

Hi I have a script #!/bin/sh # email addresses to send results to, separated by a space EMAILS="xxxx.yyyy@yahoo.com" SUBJECT="MySQL reporting " DISK_DATA_USAGE=/home/aaaa/usaage.txt mysql YYYYYYYY -e " select 100*sum(max_data_length) as disk_usage_pct from xxxxxx;" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asha210
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Date Format And Email Out

Hello All, I have a requirement where i need to get the EXTRACT_DATE from a file and check if the date is of valid format or not and then mail it if it is not valid. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I did the following so far. awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output format in email is not same as on the system

Hi I have script to collect file system usage statistics from few remote unix hosts and email . On the UNIX system the column spacing is fine but the email output is not aligned properly. Any tips to fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2prog
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sending Email in Excel Format

Hello, I am trying to send an email with the below attachment in .xls file format by default its opening everything in a single column in the email. How to display the column in a separate column in excel instead everything together. 2017/01/01 a 10 2017/01/01 b 20 2017/01/01 c 40... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script email to outlook report format

I have a ksh script that emails a report to outlook from a Unix Solaris. On server the report formatted perfectly. However, the email version the format is not. On the server report looks like this: TN Region Old SPiAD Server Order/Req Local Status NAAC Status Request Date New... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
HTML::FormatText(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       HTML::FormatText(3)

NAME
HTML::FormatText - Format HTML as plaintext VERSION
version 2.11 SYNOPSIS
use HTML::TreeBuilder; $tree = HTML::TreeBuilder->new->parse_file("test.html"); use HTML::FormatText; $formatter = HTML::FormatText->new(leftmargin => 0, rightmargin => 50); print $formatter->format($tree); or, more simply: use HTML::FormatText; my $string = HTML::FormatText->format_file( 'test.html', leftmargin => 0, rightmargin => 50 ); DESCRIPTION
HTML::FormatText is a formatter that outputs plain latin1 text. All character attributes (bold/italic/underline) are ignored. Formatting of HTML tables and forms is not implemented. HTML::FormatText is built on HTML::Formatter and documentation for that module applies to this - especially "new" in HTML::Formatter, "format_file" in HTML::Formatter and "format_string" in HTML::Formatter. You might specify the following parameters when constructing the formatter: leftmargin (alias lm) The column of the left margin. The default is 3. rightmargin (alias rm) The column of the right margin. The default is 72. SEE ALSO
HTML::Formatter INSTALLATION
See perlmodinstall for information and options on installing Perl modules. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
You can make new bug reports, and view existing ones, through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=HTML-Format>. AVAILABILITY
The project homepage is <https://metacpan.org/release/HTML-Format>. The latest version of this module is available from the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN). Visit <http://www.perl.com/CPAN/> to find a CPAN site near you, or see <https://metacpan.org/module/HTML::Format/>. AUTHORS
o Nigel Metheringham <nigelm@cpan.org> o Sean M Burke <sburke@cpan.org> o Gisle Aas <gisle@ActiveState.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Nigel Metheringham, 2002-2005 Sean M Burke, 1999-2002 Gisle Aas. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 HTML::FormatText(3)