Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Tell automount to use NFSv2 on AIX 6.1 Post 302951598 by MichaelFelt on Friday 7th of August 2015 02:47:47 PM
Old 08-07-2015
The easiest way to see if AIX is using NFSv2, versus NFSv3 or NFSv4 is to check the output of nfsstat -rc. The -r is for rpc information, the -c is for client information (-s would be for AIX as a NFS server).

The NFSv3 and NFSv4 rpc info is Connection oriented based. and NFSv2 - being UDP - is Connectionless oriented

Code:
michael@x071:[/home/michael]nfsstat -rc

Client rpc:
Connection oriented
calls      badcalls   badxids    timeouts   newcreds   badverfs   timers     
8132122    1          1          0          0          0          0          
nomem      cantconn   interrupts 
0          0          0          
Connectionless
calls      badcalls   retrans    badxids    timeouts   newcreds   badverfs   
0          0          0          0          0          0          0          
timers     nomem      cantsend   
0          0          0

Another easy way to see is to start NFS. Depending on your level of AIX you will be able to see NFS stats for NFSv2 and NFSv3 only, or perhaps including NFSv4 - screen excerpt for topas

Code:
NFS (calls/sec)
SerV2         0
CliV2         0
SerV3         0
CliV3       201
SerV4         0
CliV4         0

Hope this helps!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

4. AIX

problem with automount in Aix

Dear Frndz, I have a problem in automount. please find the config file entry for automount /etc/auto_master /- /mount.map I have specified all the mappings in /mount.map The service is operative. But when i cd into the directory it is not mounting with the server. Could you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automount script

I'm attempting to take an fstab that looks something like this: /proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /sys /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Automount in Solaris 10

Hi friends I'm a newbie trying to automount a nfs shared directory. Below is the configuration I'm using FreeBSD machine as NFS server. IP Address - 192.168.1.60 # cat /etc/exports /shared 192.168.1.50 Solaris 10 as NFS client. IP Address - 192.168.1.50 # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajj
1 Replies

7. AIX

AutoMount in AIX

Hi Admins, I am new to AIX, pls help me on my below doubts 1) I have received below alerts Orange : PORTAL detected Filesystem (/nfs/sources) is 92.07% Utilized Here Orange is server name. When i did df -k in orange i do not see /nfs/sources filesystem in output. Doubts 1) how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1 automount issues from Linux/Openfiler

Hello folks... have a problem here hopefully can find some direction with... we have a network using NIS authentication and automount for home dirs and other shared resources. Recently migrated some of our shares off of an EMC Celerra to an Openfiler solution. All of the clients in the NIS domain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruzshark
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Automount in RHEL

Hello experts, On my RHEL box when i mount a nfs file system using autofs, the df -t shows the file system as nfs only. For which mounts does it report the filesystem as autofs. ?? I actually want to see the filesystem getting reported as autofs instead of nfs. Pls guide me I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

10. AIX

Automount issue

Hi there, I have a strange problem, I have a NFS server running AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3, let's call it server A. I have another AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3 server, let's call it server B, that's automounting a filesystem from server A. When server B is automounting the filesystem from server A, I can't see any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies
nfsstat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							nfsstat(8)

NAME
nfsstat - list NFS statistics SYNOPSIS
nfsstat [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The nfsstat displays statistics kept about NFS client and server activity. OPTIONS
-s, --server Print only server-side statistics. The default is to print both server and client statistics. -c, --client Print only client-side statistics. -n, --nfs Print only NFS statistics. The default is to print both NFS and RPC information. -2 Print only NFS v2 statistics. The default is to only print information about the versions of NFS that have non-zero counts. -3 Print only NFS v3 statistics. The default is to only print information about the versions of NFS that have non-zero counts. -4 Print only NFS v4 statistics. The default is to only print information about the versions of NFS that have non-zero counts. -m, --mounts Print information about each of the mounted NFS file systems. If this option is used, all other options are ignored. -r, --rpc Print only RPC statistics. -o facility Display statistics for the specified facility, which must be one of: nfs NFS protocol information, split up by RPC call. rpc General RPC information. net Network layer statistics, such as the number of received packets, number of TCP connections, etc. fh Usage information on the server's file handle cache, including the total number of lookups, and the number of hits and misses. rc Usage information on the server's request reply cache, including the total number of lookups, and the number of hits and misses. all Display all of the above facilities. -v, --verbose This is equivalent to -o all. -l, --list Print information in list form. -S, --since file Instead of printing current statistics, nfsstat imports statistics from file and displays the difference between those and the cur- rent statistics. Valid input files may be in the form of /proc/net/rpc/nfs (raw client stats), /proc/net/rpc/nfsd (raw server stats), or saved output from nfsstat itself (client and/or server stats). Any statistics missing from a saved nfsstat output file are treated as zeroes. -Z[interval], --sleep=[interval] Instead of printing current statistics and immediately exiting, nfsstat takes a snapshot of the current statistics and pauses until it receives SIGINT (typically from Ctrl-C), at which point it takes another snapshot and displays the difference between the two. If interval is specified, nfsstat will print the number of NFS calls made since the previous report. Stats will be printed repeat- edly every interval seconds. EXAMPLES
nfsstat -o all -234 Show all information about all versions of NFS. nfsstat --verbose -234 Same as above. nfsstat -o all Show all information about active versions of NFS. nfsstat --nfs --server -3 Show statistics for NFS version 3 server. nfsstat -m Show information about mounted NFS filesystems. DISPLAY
The Flags output from the -m option is the same as the flags give to the mount command. FILES
/proc/net/rpc/nfsd procfs-based interface to kernel NFS server statistics. /proc/net/rpc/nfs procfs-based interface to kernel NFS client statistics. /proc/mounts procfs-based interface to the mounted filesystems. SEE ALSO
rpc.nfsd(8). nfs(5). BUGS
The default output has been changed. To get the old default output you must run nfsstat --auto -2. The function of the -v and -a options have changed. The -a option is now reserved for future use. The -v does what the -a option used to do, and the new -[234] options replace the -v option. The Display section should be more complete. Further bugs can be found or reported at http://nfs.sf.net/. AUTHOR
Olaf Kirch, <okir@suse.de> 7 Aug 2007 nfsstat(8)