Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help Required to access files in Oracle T4-4 server Post 302951546 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 7th of August 2015 08:00:58 AM
Old 08-07-2015
I would shutdown the server from the serial port ILOM with stop /SYS and if that doesn't work with stop /SYS -f. After that set the server to only boot up to the ok> prompt from ILOM with -> set /HOST/bootmode script="setenv auto-boot? false. From there you can boot the server from console (start /SP/console) to single user mode with boot -s or boot from DVD/network to access the internal harddisk and fix any problems or look for the network settings.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ways to Access Files on Unix Server via Web

Hi all! I'm a web developer with a question. We have a contractor that is working on a project that requires the user to access a ton of files on the clients Unix server. He has plans to built a VB interface for on site windows users to access those files and wants us to develop a web based... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imhotep1963
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't access files on own server

This is very baffling. I have a web server directory, http://domainName/myDir. The directory's permissions are 744, so I have full permisions, and other people can read the directory. I created a subdirectory in that directory: domainName/myDir/subDir. I set the permisions of that to 744 also.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-015 - Cannot access a required executable file. It is in use.

How is this error resolved please? I'm just trying to run a shell script and am getting this error. All file permissions are fine. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miwinter
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browse for files through oracle forms placed in unix server

I use a forms application where I develop the forms(Oracle 6i) in windows server and compile(Oracle 9i) the same in Unix server. The whole forms application executables are placed in Unix. My requirement is to upload data from excel sheet to oracle tables using Oracle forms. I have developed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malinideepa
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORACLE SQL: Basic help required in script

Hi, I am having the following codes which generates 24 files: declare begin for i in 0..23 loop EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'create tablespace TSCGFCDR' ||to_char(sysdate,'DD')||'_'||to_char(i,'fm00')|| to_char(i+1,'fm00')||to_char(sysdate,'MONYY')||' DATAFILE '|| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitesh1907
4 Replies

7. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual					      snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snnewgroup - create a new sn newsgroup SYNOPSIS
snnewgroup newsgroup [server] [port] DESCRIPTION
snnewgroup creates newsgroup assigning it an upstream NNTP server of server:port. If port is not specified, defaults to 119. If server is also not specified, newsgroup is created as a local group which is fed only by articles POSTed to it. You will need to be root or own /var/spool/sn in order to add new groups. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. FILES CREATED
/var/spool/sn/newsgroup Directory where articles will be stored. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.created Empty file for the newsgroup creation time. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial Where snget gets its idea of the new starting serial number for newsgroup on server server:port. The value is initialized to 0. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing If server is specified, is a symlink to /var/spool/sn/.outgoing/server:port, which is a directory, created if it does not already exist. If server is not specified, no file /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing will be created. See also snsend. SEE ALSO
sndelgroup, snsend N.B. Harold Tay snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)