Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help Required to access files in Oracle T4-4 server Post 302951541 by Bilal Maan on Friday 7th of August 2015 07:26:22 AM
Old 08-07-2015
Hammer & Screwdriver Help Required to access files in Oracle T4-4 server

Hello, First i'm a newbie, so don't mind if i sound stupid.

I am working on Oracle t4-4 server with SUN SOLARIS 5.10 installed. I can access server via serial port and net mgt port. But the problem is when i login to console it starts flooding with messages and i can't type anything.

I know that can be corrected by changing configuration file that deals with messages. But network ports's addresses are unknown (or may be not set on reboot). So i can't access files via FTP.

Please help me to find a workaround.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ways to Access Files on Unix Server via Web

Hi all! I'm a web developer with a question. We have a contractor that is working on a project that requires the user to access a ton of files on the clients Unix server. He has plans to built a VB interface for on site windows users to access those files and wants us to develop a web based... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imhotep1963
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't access files on own server

This is very baffling. I have a web server directory, http://domainName/myDir. The directory's permissions are 744, so I have full permisions, and other people can read the directory. I created a subdirectory in that directory: domainName/myDir/subDir. I set the permisions of that to 744 also.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-015 - Cannot access a required executable file. It is in use.

How is this error resolved please? I'm just trying to run a shell script and am getting this error. All file permissions are fine. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miwinter
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browse for files through oracle forms placed in unix server

I use a forms application where I develop the forms(Oracle 6i) in windows server and compile(Oracle 9i) the same in Unix server. The whole forms application executables are placed in Unix. My requirement is to upload data from excel sheet to oracle tables using Oracle forms. I have developed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malinideepa
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORACLE SQL: Basic help required in script

Hi, I am having the following codes which generates 24 files: declare begin for i in 0..23 loop EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'create tablespace TSCGFCDR' ||to_char(sysdate,'DD')||'_'||to_char(i,'fm00')|| to_char(i+1,'fm00')||to_char(sysdate,'MONYY')||' DATAFILE '|| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitesh1907
4 Replies

7. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X