Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help Required to access files in Oracle T4-4 server Post 302951541 by Bilal Maan on Friday 7th of August 2015 07:26:22 AM
Old 08-07-2015
Hammer & Screwdriver Help Required to access files in Oracle T4-4 server

Hello, First i'm a newbie, so don't mind if i sound stupid.

I am working on Oracle t4-4 server with SUN SOLARIS 5.10 installed. I can access server via serial port and net mgt port. But the problem is when i login to console it starts flooding with messages and i can't type anything.

I know that can be corrected by changing configuration file that deals with messages. But network ports's addresses are unknown (or may be not set on reboot). So i can't access files via FTP.

Please help me to find a workaround.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ways to Access Files on Unix Server via Web

Hi all! I'm a web developer with a question. We have a contractor that is working on a project that requires the user to access a ton of files on the clients Unix server. He has plans to built a VB interface for on site windows users to access those files and wants us to develop a web based... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imhotep1963
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't access files on own server

This is very baffling. I have a web server directory, http://domainName/myDir. The directory's permissions are 744, so I have full permisions, and other people can read the directory. I created a subdirectory in that directory: domainName/myDir/subDir. I set the permisions of that to 744 also.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-015 - Cannot access a required executable file. It is in use.

How is this error resolved please? I'm just trying to run a shell script and am getting this error. All file permissions are fine. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miwinter
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browse for files through oracle forms placed in unix server

I use a forms application where I develop the forms(Oracle 6i) in windows server and compile(Oracle 9i) the same in Unix server. The whole forms application executables are placed in Unix. My requirement is to upload data from excel sheet to oracle tables using Oracle forms. I have developed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malinideepa
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORACLE SQL: Basic help required in script

Hi, I am having the following codes which generates 24 files: declare begin for i in 0..23 loop EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'create tablespace TSCGFCDR' ||to_char(sysdate,'DD')||'_'||to_char(i,'fm00')|| to_char(i+1,'fm00')||to_char(sysdate,'MONYY')||' DATAFILE '|| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitesh1907
4 Replies

7. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
PCWEASEL(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       PCWEASEL(4)

NAME
pcweasel -- Support for the PC-Weasel serial console board SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device pcweasel weasel* at pci? dev ? function ? Note that the appropriate display device must also be enabled. See pcdisplay(4) for more information. DESCRIPTION
The PC-Weasel is a serial console board for use primarily on Intel-based PC-class systems. It addresses a problem that nearly everyone who has deployed a PC-class server has experienced: the total lack of remote management capability on PC-class hardware. In addition to serial console support, the PC-Weasel provides the ability to remotely reset the system (by means of a hardware reset signal), and provides a watchdog timer function. The PC-Weasel works by emulating the original IBM Monochrome Display Adapter (MDA). Writes to the display's character cells are translated into ANSI terminal sequences which are then sent out the PC-Weasel's serial port. Incoming characters are translated into PC keyboard scan codes and then fed (by means of a cable) into the system's keyboard controller. The system believes it is using a display console. This is particularly important in the event that one needs access to BIOS configuration menus. The PC-Weasel also includes a ST16550 serial port, which may be configured as any one of the system's serial ports. Typical usage is to con- figure the port as com0 at ISA I/O address 0x3f8. When the PC-Weasel detects activity on the ST16550, the serial port is automatically con- nected to the ST16550 so that the serial port may be used as normal. When the PC-Weasel detects activity on the internal UART used for MDA emulation, the serial port is automatically reconnected to the emulation UART. This allows the boot program and kernel to be configured to use the serial port directly (which is more efficient than using the MDA emulation mode), yet allows the MDA emulation to be reestablished as soon as the kernel loses control of the system. The pcweasel driver provides support for the additional features present on the PC-Weasel. At the moment, this includes support for the watchdog timer function. Use of the pcweasel driver is not required in order for the system to function with a PC-Weasel installed so long as only the MDA emulation and ST16550 serial port functionality is required. SEE ALSO
pcdisplay(4), wdogctl(8) HISTORY
The pcweasel driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5.1. AUTHORS
The PC-Weasel was invented by Herb Peyerl and Jonathan Levine at Canada Connect Corporation. It is now produced by Middle Digital, Inc., http://www.realweasel.com/ The pcweasel driver was written by Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>, and contributed by Zembu Labs, Inc. Herb Peyerl of Middle Digital, Inc. provided several firmware updates during the development of the driver. BSD
November 23, 2007 BSD