Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Line breaks in mail spool
Operating Systems Linux Line breaks in mail spool Post 302951510 by RudiC on Friday 7th of August 2015 04:46:56 AM
Old 08-07-2015
Not sure I fully understand the problem, but for removing the undesired line break try
Code:
sed '/=\r*$/ {N;s/=\r*\n//}' file
The workflow with ID "TestJob-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" finished with status "FINISHED_ERROR" on Site "Site-1".

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

in var/spool/mail, same entry with different users....

i am on aix, in the /var/spool/mail ,i have an entry as below, after doing a ls -ltr -rw-rw---- 1 ai mail 3898 Sep 02 11:26 mei -rw-rw---- 1 root mail 22900 Nov 08 14:55 root shouldnt the ai and mei be the same just like root, root? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Script that sends mail - Postfix breaks it

I have a PHP Script that works perfectly on a server that uses Sendmail. However I tried to port it to a new server that has the Postfix to Sendmail compatibility interface, and it doesn't work properly. The php.ini file has the path for sendmail on both servers set to: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopfm523
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I zero var/spool/mail/mail

The mail file in the directory var/spool/mail is very large. Can I zero this (>) without losing any unopened mails there may be? There are about 10 mail accounts. Using RedHat Linux. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I read mail in /var/spool/mail?

How can I read mail sent to /var/spool/mail? I do not have pine installed so forget about that...is there some generic utility I can use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/VAR/SPOOL/MAIL question

Hi, We have all the user account in a home direcory where their mail is stored and retrieved by email clients. We do however have /var/spool/mail with all the user accounts in it as well Our sendmail.cf is configured to use /var/spool/mqueue as the queue so .what is /var/spool/mail being used... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail /VAR/SPOOL/MAIL

Hi, First Question: In our company our users have their mailboxes in /var/spool/mail When I look at the users file it seems as if every email sent/received is in that user file! Is this because IMAP is being used or is that just how sendmail works? Second Question: How is that when I create... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mail

Hi, How can i get my mail on either /var/spool/mail or /var/mail? I use mail and sendmail command to send mail. But everytime I send mail it comes to my outlook inbox and when I check with mail command I get the message "No mail for siba". (Note siba is my user Id.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail going to /var/spool/mqueue instead of being sent

Hello, I have a bunch of cron jobs in the crontab. For some reason mail from the cron jobs started going to /var/spool/mqueue instead of being sent. Does anyone know why mail from cron jobs would go to the queue instead of being sent? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
9 Replies

9. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)