Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Windows Task with Bash script Post 302951509 by gwillie on Friday 7th of August 2015 04:35:05 AM
Old 08-07-2015
Are trying to run the script with task scheduler or are you using task scheduler to call cygwin to run the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH: Change alias to script to add a task

Hi. I use an alias, "homeperm" as shorthand for curl -o. Since most of what I download via cUrl is graphic image files -- jpeg files -- I'd like to be able to change this alias to a script, or use it to invoke a function, which will not only download the file but date-stamp it using Exiv2 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

last task for my script

hi, infile- create table salary ( occupation_code char(40), earnings decimal(10,2), occ_yearend integer ); outfile- salary:create table salary salary:( occupation_code char(40), salary: earnings decimal(10,2), salary: occ_yearend integer salary:); Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command task script

ksh $CODE/dis/scripts/IS_BTEQ_LZ_TABLE_AUDIT.sh DIS_BTEQ LZ_DIS_LOAD_LOG_KEY > $CODE/dis/logs/lz_table_audit_`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`.log 2>&1 Can some one tell me what the above script is doing? As per my understanding we are executing the script and sending the output to a log file. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikkasarla
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Cygwin bash from windows scheduled task?

Hmmm.... I love these forums because I always get great prompt responses and I want to ask a question about running bash on windows. Is that allowed? Now I know I can install cygwin cron and run bash that way. Can I run bash from windows schedule task? How? thanks siegfried (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any programmer do this task in shell script...

input file's one set header is this, ----------------------------------------------------- OUTPUT FROM ASCII FILE: CAST #1 ----------------------------------------------------- CC Cruise Latitude Longitude YYYY MM DD Time Cast #Levels CA 8504 50.083 -144.883 1970 1 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whether Shell script can do this task ???

In following attached 748phy.xls file, fifth column is ST_Date, which contains time and dates in this format 22-11-2012 7:54:54 PM in single column I want it to split in this format either 1st column 22/11/2012 and in second column 7:54:54 PM Or like this in separate... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do one line bash schedule task?

This seems to work: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/179705-how-run-cygwin-bash-windows-scheduled-task.html However, I was hoping to avoid writing a 2 line bat files to invoke my cygwin scripts as a scheduled task (since I'm making lots scheduled tasks). I was hoping this would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a task in a script at a particular time

I have an ETL process that triggers a shell script. This script picks the files created by the ETL process and does an SFTP. These are huge files. Due to infrastructure limitations, we need to trigger the actual SFTP part only during the 2nd, 16th, 31st and 46th minute of an hour. Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for database task.

Hi, I need help in creating script for "User password reset in database" by logging into database from linux server and resetting the user password. Could you please provide the script for this task? Steps are given below. 1. Login into database from server sqlplus... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
Net::Hotline::Task(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)

NAME
Net::Hotline::Task - Task object used internally by Net::Hotline::Client SYNOPSIS
use Net::Hotline::Task; $task = new Net::Hotline::Task; $task->start(time()); $task->num($num++); ... DESCRIPTION
Net::Hotline::Task is a simple class for storing and retrieving task information, You should never have to create your own Net::Hotline::Task objects when using Net::Hotline::Client. Getting and (to a lesser extent) setting attributes is all that should be necessary. CONSTRUCTION
new NUM, TYPE, START, SOCKET, PATH With no arguments, creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with all attributes set to undef. With three or four arguments (PATH is optional), creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with task number NUM, task type TYPE, start time START, user socket number SOCKET, and file path PATH. METHODS
All the Net::Hotline::Task methods are simple attribute get/set routines. If given an argument, they set an attribute. In all cases, they return the current value of the attribute. error EXPR The error state of the task. A true value means there was an error. error_text TEXT The error message text. This only applies if error() returns a true value. finish TIME The time (in platform-native time format, i.e. seconds since the epoch on a Unix system) that a task completed. num NUMBER The unique task number. Task numbers increase sequentially. path PATH The path information associated with a task (if any). In situations where two paths may be associated with a task (a "move file" task, for example), a reference to an array containing the paths will be returned. socket NUMBER The unique user socket number associated with a task (if any). start TIME The time (in platform-native time format) that a task was started. type TASK_TYPE The HTLC_TASK_XXX constant specifying the type of task. These constants are defined in Net::Hotline::Constants, and include: HTLC_TASK_KICK Disconnect a user. HTLC_TASK_LOGIN Log into server. HTLC_TASK_NEWS Get the news. HTLC_TASK_NEWS_POST Post to news. HTLC_TASK_FILE_DELETE Delete a file. HTLC_TASK_FILE_INFO Get file information. HTLC_TASK_FILE_LIST Get a file list. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MKDIR Create a new folder. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MOVE Move a file. HTLC_TASK_SEND_MSG Send a private message. HTLC_TASK_SET_INFO Set file information. HTLC_TASK_USER_INFO Get user information. HTLC_TASK_USER_LIST Get the userlist. AUTHOR
John C. Siracusa (siracusa@mindspring.com) COPYRIGHT
Copyright(c) 1999 by John Siracusa. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2002-11-27 Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)