Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex Output Filtering
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex Output Filtering Post 302951429 by vgersh99 on Thursday 6th of August 2015 08:56:21 AM
Old 08-06-2015
Code:
awk '!prev {prev=$0;next} /used/ && $1+0>85{print prev ORS $0;next}{prev=$0}' myFile

You can probably eliminate the need for a 'grep' and incorporate it all in one awk.
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex search and output

Hi, I have somewhat of a complex task at hand. I am on a HP-UX box and I need to search for information embedded in files, further embedded into a file/folder structure. I compiled a list of information that I need found: File=list.csv DATE FIELD 1 FIELD2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doza22
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Complex Input/Output Redirect

Hi All, Sorry if the title is not good but I did not know how to explain with only some words! What I meant is: I have a unix command built from a private application vendor that when executed it prompts for two entries by the keyboard, let's say, for example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felipe.vinturin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text between Tags, with output from a complex command

The Problem I have n files all named "conf.cfg", each of which contain a line that reads: "MyVar=XXX", where XXX can be any value. I have a second file called report.xml, that might read: <Reports> <Report>Report1</Report> <Report>Report2</Report> <Report>Report3</Report> </Reports> I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Flang
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering print output

I have these data below and i want my output to print only the 3rd files. For example, in /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login, i want to print only "nyfix". /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login /opt/home/security/.k5login /opt/home/noc/.k5login what is the appropriate command in shell scripting ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and formatting the output

Hi Team, I have input file like below. UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_CREATE_SUB_KEY, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba} UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filtering out certain output

hi guys, i have a long output and cant figure out a flexible way to show the meta members from a device. please help. some device have 2,4 or 8 meta members but for this example i have 4 meta members, what is a flexible way to pull them out from this output? need your inputs thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering output from given input

Hi All, I have a input file as below. Input file may contain more hostlists. sample Input file $ cat hostlist.lst cs18-db1-1-sjl cs22-db1-1-was na88-db1-1-chi na21-db1-2-was I want the output like below format. Pls help. Thanks ! Output format: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
PREV(1) 							     [nmh-1.5]								   PREV(1)

NAME
prev - show the previous message SYNOPSIS
prev [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Prev performs a show on the previous message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program named by showproc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show prev". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), next(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the previous message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
prev is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to prev and that link is not called prev, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument prev to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 PREV(1)