Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If condition giving syntax error. Need help. Post 302951419 by gwillie on Thursday 6th of August 2015 04:59:25 AM
Old 08-06-2015
The last test has double square brackets when you opened with a single bracket

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/rStp0 giving error

I do my backups using the following command find / -print |cpio -ocv >/dve/rStp0 It has been working fine for ages and suddenly I am getting this error :- Reached end of medium on output If you want to go on type device/file name when ready This happens after you press enter when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: workingstiff
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script giving error

Hi All, i have an small issue... echo " " eval x=$@ export x=`echo $x` echo $x ssh user@ipadrss; cd /mbbv/home/; cd /mbbv/home/orange/orange/ echo pwd bash samplescript.sh $x above is my script which will triger from server A and will connect to server B for some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

3. BSD

Xarchiver giving error messages

I have FreeBSD installed with Xarchiver and when extracting files through the file manager ("Extract here..." option) the following error pops up: tar: unrecognized option `--overwrite' Perhaps this is a known error and is there a way to solve it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
10 Replies

4. Solaris

useradd giving error in solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 in my PC and now installing Oracle10, but while adding a user i am getting following error: useradd -g oinstall -G dba -d /export/home/oracle oracle UX: useradd: ERROR: Inconsistent password files. See pwconv(1M). I have tried pwconv command,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc giving error: (standard_in) 2: parse error

Below part of script, is working fine sometimes and gives error sometime. I am doing float operations, checking if x > y. ##########CODE########## THRESHOLD="1.25" ratio=$( echo "scale=2; ${prev}/${current}" | bc ) if ; then split_date=`echo ${line} | cut -d, -f2` fi ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishma71
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -o vi giving set: Syntax error

when trying : set -o vi getting error like- : set: Syntax error help me Double post (of sorts). Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with IF Condition Syntax

Hi. I expect the following unix script command to return 8: ls -ltr dropez* | grep -c dropez I can't seem to find the correct syntax (borne shell), can anyone help be to write an IF condition something like this: IF (ls -ltr dropez* | grep -c dropez) = 8 THEN ...do stuff ELSE ...do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax of if condition in ksh is wrong

The syntax of 'if' conditionals in bash and ksh seems different. I am trying to check for a particular version using 'if' in ksh. This very simple syntax gives syntax error. I have tried many variants, but no go. Please correct the syntax. Later I will expand it to 'if' and 'else'. #!/bin/ksh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivedhitha
8 Replies

9. AIX

multipath giving error

Hi, # lspath Missing hdisk0 fscsi0 Missing hdisk1 fscsi0 Missing hdisk2 fscsi0 Missing hdisk3 fscsi0 Missing hdisk4 fscsi0 Missing hdisk5 fscsi0 Missing hdisk6 fscsi0 Missing hdisk7 fscsi0 Missing hdisk8 fscsi0 Missing hdisk9 fscsi0 Missing hdisk10 fscsi0 Missing hdisk11... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JATA01
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX: Shell Script giving " 0^J30: Syntax error"

Hi All, We are getting a very unique error while running a shell script on HP-UX box. Can somebody help in this regards? The shell script is working fine on linux/solaris box. Error: ++++++++++++++++++++++++ $/test.sh ./test.sh: 0^J30: Syntax error $ ++++++++++++++++++++++++ TIA.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vai_sh
16 Replies
pthread_condattr_init(3T)												 pthread_condattr_init(3T)

NAME
pthread_condattr_init(), pthread_condattr_destroy() - initialize or destroy a condition variable attributes object. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
attr Pointer to the condition variable attributes object to be initialized or destroyed. DESCRIPTION
initializes the condition variable attributes object attr with the default values for all attributes. The attributes object describes a condition variable in detail and is passed to the condition variable initialization function. When a condition variable attributes object is used to initialize a condition variable, the values of the individual attributes determine the characteristics of the new condition variable. Attributes objects act like additional parameters to object initialization. A single attributes object can be used in multiple calls to the function When a condition variable is initialized with an attributes object, the attributes are, in effect, copied into the condition variable. Consequently, any change to the attributes object will not affect any previously initialized condition variables. Once all condition vari- ables needing a specific attributes object have been initialized, the attributes object is no longer needed. The condition variable attributes and their default values are: The default value is If an initialized condition variable attributes object is reinitialized, undefined behavior results. destroys the condition variable attributes object attr. The destroyed condition variable attributes object ceases to exist and its resources are reclaimed. Using attr after it has been destroyed results in undefined behavior. A destroyed condition variable attributes object can be reinitialized using the function Condition variables that have been already initialized using this attributes object are not affected by the destruction of the condition variable attributes object. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [ENOMEM] There is insufficient memory available in which to initialize the condition variable attributes object. [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T), pthread_cond_init(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_condattr_init(3T)