Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need script Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script Script Post 302951338 by RudiC on Wednesday 5th of August 2015 06:53:20 AM
Old 08-05-2015
Try (untested):
Code:
ls -ltr /ct-data/prod/dockets/*/statedocket/*/fullfile | grep 'NEW.080415'| cut -c57-  | grep -E  'NEW.080315.0[0-5]*' | mail -s "Result" testing2019@gmail.com

I'm not sure that after grepping for "NEW.080415" there will be any results for "NEW.080315", though...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - Calling a script through script

Hi, I have written a shell script to grep a certain parameter and send a mail if they found any. Now i want this script to call another script which will restart my application. Here is my script #!/bin/sh DATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` HOME=/home/dumbren/vfnz_data/AMS_report... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
0 Replies

4. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to pass shell script parameter value to awk command in side the same script

Variable I have in my shell script diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk -F'~' ''$2 == "$id"' {print $0}' > $new I could see value of $id is not passing to the awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)